1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

50% of Regular Season Completed: 26-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A 52 win pace, with some injuries. Could be significantly better with a healthy squad but the same can be said for several teams-- been an unlucky year for significant NBA players on the health front.

This team seems to be at about the level of the Yao/McGrady Rockets-- mid playoff seed, a level below true contenders, which are usually teams on close to 60 win pace at least. The team does need to add its "Ron Artest," and hopefully we get him before one or both of our stars physically break down this time.

Morey says don't expect "cavalry" but he's gotta be working on it. He did it before during the Yao/McGrady era.

1 person likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ron came too late. He would be great in 2005.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I believe majority of the fans had the Rockets at 50~55 wins at the beginning of the season.

I also believe that since the beginning of the season, it seems that expectations for whatever reason has risen from 50~55 wins to "Anything less than being on the caliber of Spurs/Thunder to be unacceptable." This despite injuries, Asik quitting, and Howard having to fit in.

I'm quite sure if we finish the year 52-30, this fan base will want both Harden and Howard to be shipped, McHale to be fired, and the team to tank for 2015.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would have been content with the 3rd or 4th seed (HC advantage) at the beginning of the season. Right where the Blazers are.

Looks like he 6th place hopeful to get to 5th barring no further meltdowns.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i see the usual mchale apologists attempting to sugarcoat the fact that this team, even w/ an asik swap, has zero chance of ever getting to the finals. not without a playbook, discipline, or motivation from the bench. and btw the thunder are playing without westbrook, but it doesn't seem to be the GRAND EXCUSE for them..

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The frustration shouldn't be with the record, it should be with how we lose

oh, don't forget the $8 million black hole

7. SugarLandDream8

This team is no where near as good as the Yao/Mcgrady teams.

First the league is a lot weaker now.

During the Yao/Mcgrady era we had the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the prime Duncan Spurs. Even non elite teams like the Nash Suns, Prime Dirk Mavs...

Second even though Mcgrady gets a lot of hate he was one of the most gifted player to ever play. What he did against the Mavs in the 1st round is something no Rockets player today can match. Yao could completely change a series like against the Blazers but being unstoppable in Game 1 which made the whole Blazers team triple team him even when he didn't have the ball. No one on this team even gets a double team on a regular basis. Not even Harden.

8. NateNate

NateNate Member

some people DO get it....

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wait, no one excused the Thunder's 0-4 sweep against the Grizzlies last playoffs on Westbrook's injury? That's news to me.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

So what would be a "good" 26-15 record to you?

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thread title is 50% of Regular Season Completed: 26-15, please stay on topic..

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

You're the one who says injuries should not affect expectations, not me. If you don't want me to talk about how injuries may change a team's odds of winning, don't bring up the Thunder's play without Westbrook.

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

don't press meh for pertinent reasoning... he'll come at you with Miami Heat comparisons.....

1 person likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

both you and carl cited injuries of each of your initial posts. i am not "bringing up" anything. i am responding that we just got our asses beat at home by the westbrookless thunder who btw are 29-10 despite missing one of the top players in the league for 14 of those games. so for you and carl to claim injuries as an excuse for our recurringly pathetic play this entire season simply does not hold water.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The league has weakened

16. Nook

Nook Member

Blah blah blah outraged!

The Rockets are 26-15... Could easily be 29-12 or 24-17.

So far Harden has played half the season with ankle and foot issues and has missed time. Lin has been hurt... Parsons has been hurt... Beverly has been hurt and Asik is a vagina.

Add in a terrible bench and Howard still getting acclimated and 26-15 isn't bad.

If the Rockets add a player like Dunleavy to the bench and Asik's yeast infection clears up the Rockets can reach 55-56 victories.

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Tonight's game is kind of how the season has been for the Rockets so far. Sometimes they are playing great like the first half, and sometimes they really suck like the second half.

I'm not to disappointed in the record, and if we finish the year with 52 wins that will be fine, even though I hoped for better. I don't think the Rockets will have chance in the playoff's if they play the same way they have the first half of the season. Hopefully they will learn to play together with some consistency and go into the playoff's strong.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The team's problem is not about how many wins, the main problem is the team's playing style.
    If McHale is still coach, the team will not pass the 1st round

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's funny.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Bingo...Some people are always going to make excuses. Usually, but not always, these are people with low expectations who enjoy moral victories. Wonder what the excuses are going to be if the Rockets fail to get out of the 1st round yet again.

Meh brings nothing of value as a poster on ClutchFans. He just looks to criticize other people's posts while never answering questions. He won't even take a position on topics he brings up in threads that he creates. He also can't even get basic facts straight. See below:

What should be news to you is that the Thunder did not get swept in the playoffs last year.

1 person likes this.