1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is hard to root for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

I would agree that the second half was hard to watch but enjoy it while you can - it'll all be over in 50 years.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

I understand this isn't a finished product. There's a certain mentality that's needed no matter how talented

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

"Hard to root for"

Didn't say i can't. This team is probably hands down the most frustrating team in recent memory. Remember the teams with just Scola and Martin? What did teams say about us? They said you have to bring it every night against that team. This team cruises sometimes like it's accomplished something

4. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

People need to get off OP's case. All he's saying is that it's frustrating to watch our best player give no defensive effort. It's frustrating to watch our second best player shoot 50% FT. It's frustrating to watch our coach sit back and not make adjustments. I totally agree.

We're all obviously rockets fans here (minus the few trolls). Lets not question his fanhood just because he's frustrated with the current state of affairs. He's not the only one.

1 person likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

they are certainly hard to watch

Especially Harden iso step back jumpers and Howard's ugly over the shoulder bank shot attempts.

Also lots of 3s and FTs from a team that is poor at both.

Makes for ugly games and wildly inconsistent play, no lead is safe.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

seconded... or thirded including the op...lol

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I care about my team winning far more than I care about things like effort and heart. That team you were talking about? It was stuck in perpetual mediocrity. At least now our team has been heading in the right decision. I would much rather have a team of Hardens than a team of Martin or Lowry, same with a team of Howard vs a team of Scola or Hayes.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

u cant have one without the other... realize this or just be happy getting teased by talent that wins nothing in the end...

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Goodness. no sh**? You're not getting my point here buddy

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I rather watch these guys than watch Lowry/Scola/Hayes/Martin/Chase play solidly mediocre basketball.

I rather watch this than missing the playoffs for 4 straight years.

Team is 27-15. Last year this team was 21-21.

Yeah, sooooo hard to watch

11. thejav

thejav Member

its gotten to the point where i don't watch the games live..ill watch the games after if we win.. :/

12. chandlerbang21

N.O had lost 6 in a row before that game. Rockets still struggled to beat them

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Oh, they didn't come back to beat the Pelicans yesterday? Last I checked they outscored the Pelicans by 10 in the final 4 minutes and finally took the lead with 28 seconds remaining.

I'm pretty ****ing pissed how bad our offense turned. Just a complete 180 and then some. They're still my (as is the case for most of you non LOFs here) Rockets, but damn, the inconsistency is just sometimes absolutely infuriating.

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

Some folks just don't get it. ^^

15. chandlerbang21

same moves every time. Good defensive teams are locking that up. Ibaka cheated every time dwight drove to the paint because he knew the hook was coming

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Where did I ever say I didn't want effort or heart? I simply prioritize having my team win than simply having a group of gutsy guys I feel warm and fuzzy watching. Did I like Scola, Lowry, Chuckwagon, Landry, ect? Of course I did. I was huge fans of every last one of them. However, I would never, ever give up Harden or Howard for any one of them, even though they clearly have more heart and effort. I said I care more about winning, not talent.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What makes this team frustrating is knowing how good they are, and how much they are underachieving.

We are too young and play stupid. Not disciplined at all.

Team needs direction.

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You are a consummate fair weather fan.

19. NateNate

NateNate Member

I'm not gonna go back and forth on the Pelicans but BINGO on your second point

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not cool bro.