1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

While I don't think we are a contender this year, we definitely have the talent to be one minus some key bench players (Whatever we can get for Asik). We have beaten San Antonio twice and we were able to score 73 in a half on the Thunder tonight. Problem is coaching. Lack of adjustments when the team isn't hitting their 3's. Dump the effing ball into Howard at all costs if when outside shots aren't falling. There is no consistency in the offense, just a barrage of threes. I hate to say it because I hate JVG offense, but we need a authoritative coach like him for a young team like this that can teach patience and discipline on offense.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As soon as i saw Chuck and Shaq i muted my tv

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The way we used to beat them in 1 or 2 games out of 4 is running running running, hitting shots with getting some stops. Without Howard. Howard will give this team + 5-8 more wins but he slows down the team and he isn't really dominating everyone(Ibaka and Perkins especially) night in night out.

This is a dilemma, of course coaching is a factor too.
    We used to beat them with Delfino firing on cylinders as a 4.

Harden and Dwight have to dominate regardless in order to have a better chance.

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the worst loss of the year by far !!!!!!!!

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

6. Penetrate&Creat

lmfao

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

the Fk happened?
    I went out happy as heck at half time, then i came home only to get this ****?
    I thought we were lighting it up from the down town. knew the FG% would go down but not expected it to be this much.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Ummmm did i hear that right.

"Harden didn't score in the second half" ?????????

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Trying to run the offense through Howard just isn't going to work. It works some nights against some teams, but Howard cannot consistently dominate in the paint. When he is struggling the entire offense comes to a screeching halt. I've just lost faith in Howard. We can change coaches, but Dwight is still going to be the same Dwight. He can't make free throws, he commits silly fouls, he's just not a smart player. I've seen enough of Dwight to know that we are not going to win a championship with him in the middle.

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Rockets should take Jimmer from the Kings. Dude is a 50% 3 point shooter and has range out to half court. He'd be a perfect fit next to Harden.

11. devin23

devin23 Member

I swear this is not a coincidence.

12. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

No offensive flow. If they get hot from three, it looks good, but if the shots don't fall, they don't know what to do. Rockets are a bad ball handling and bad passing team.

13. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

wow what was mchale doing? He left in that lineup at end of the 3rd and OKC came all the way back, cmon now

14. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Worst loss by any team this year

15. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

It was embarassing. The coaching staff had 24 minutes to try to do something to change this ridiculous performance and couldn't do anything! This is more than embarassing, this is the definition of INCOMPETENCE. We desperately need a new coaching staff.

16. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Sorry I don't get this...

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Ibaka is long and Perkins is strong, both guys see to have Dwight's number.

18. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

dont think so, what i see is some coaches wanna go the other way and Mchale allowed it and the team lost rhythm, with the lose coming, coaches decided to go back to what it worked and put Lin in try to get them back in rhythm but it is clearly too late.
    opinions split in a team is very normal, and I think Mchale is trying to lead his coaches with balancing it to satisfy both sides. yet one side's way clearly out dated and out played, there is no reason keep bring it back. this little bit of politics definitely does no good to stabilize the team's rotation and strategy.

19. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I've always had Rocket pride and have never been embarrassed even in the lowest of lows. Today just irked me in the worst ways and this is the 1st time I can say I am legitimately embarrassed to be a Rockets fan.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OKC knows Harden's game and they know how to irritate Howard.
    That is pretty much asking for Terrence Jones, Parsons,Aaron Brooks, Donatas or Jeremy to beat them.
    Can't have that.