1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/15/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Harden has been a real leader on this team, making others better, setting up teammates, and putting the team on his shoulder in the 4th period like a leader should do.

Thank goodness we have Harden on this team.

1 person likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Pelicans set up a nice last play to tie the game. They got a very good look, but just missed. We need to learn to defend the 3 better when we are up by 3. It was fairly poorly defended. It seems instead of concentrating on protecting the 3, we have a standard defensive set to protect both the 2 and 3.... with 11 sec left and up by 3, they need to rethink that (the players need to be ultra aware of what they need to do and not fall into the habit of getting pulled toward the paint when they should be focusing on the 3pt line).

Harden got screened off pretty easily, Lin was somewhat out of position to help but made a last effort to cover him but it was already late... Darius Miller (40% 3pt shooter) was open and just missed.

1 person likes this.
  3. eslate22

eslate22 Member

Im probably reading into this too much, but did anyone else notice in Mchale's post game interview, he made a point to pause the interview to give a hug and dab to ryan anderson... i know the guy is out for awhile, but does this mean we would still consider going after him to have as the quintessential stretch 4 for the playoffs?

1 person likes this.
  4. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Lin probably should not have stayed so close to AD, considering he is not a 3-pt threat.

5. HoopDreams247

HoopDreams247 Member

Correction: Besides the two free throws, Gordon didn't score on Lin once.
    [youtube]oFX5Cq_dEm4[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  6. HoopDreams247

HoopDreams247 Member

Correction: Besides the two free throws, Gordon didn't score on Lin once.
    [youtube]oFX5Cq_dEm4[/youtube]

7. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

You are absolutely right. The Heat has an ON/OFF button. No reason for them to turn it ON every game when there is nothing to be gained unless it's the playoffs.

8. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I watched the last play by Miller many times. Lin did very well spotting Miller and switched over to him defending the 3. Miller hit the rim and missed. Who knows what would happen if Lin reacted a little late (or not reacted to it at all). Miller would have been wide open.

9. pakattak

pakattak Member

I remember reading somewhere that Lin wants to be a pastor after his NBA career dials down.

I hope he says "**** that" because a part of me wants to see him pacing along the sideline with his arms crossed and yelling at refs sometime in the distant future.

10. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

We will probably see him starting PGs from D-league time and time again.:rolleyes:

11. just a word

just a word Member

Does that mean that he walks on water then? :p

WAIT IS HE JESUS? (or a ninja...)

12. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I have always said DMo needs more time to develop. He has potential and has shown flashes of brilliance, like the Memphis game when he harassed ZBo to utter frustration with his defence and slowed their momentum. This game he is the only bench player to contribute. He is young and he needs time to develop. His potential is huge as he can play both the 4 & 5 and can give our bigs the reliable backup if he develops. He deserves more playing time. Perhaps use Casspi for Garcia's minutes as he is really bad this season and he has no upside potential, and use DMo to play Casspi's usual minutes.

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

IMO Casspi has outplayed D-Mo this year and deserves his minutes. I do agree D-Mo looks like he could develop into something, but that's not what NBA minutes are for. Practice, D-league and summer league are where you need to learn and perfect your craft. When you get NBA minutes you have to show that you're ready for prime time. D-Mo really didn't do that often enough this year, hence his minute reduction. If he continues to make the most of his minutes it will be harder and harder to keep him on end of the bench.

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

My mistake, you were advocating for Casspi to slide into Garcia's spot and have D-Mo slide into Casspi's. I wouldn't mind seeing that as well if things keep trending they way they are.

15. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Exactly what I say. Casspi is more mobile than Garcia. He should back up Parsons because Garcia is totally useless out there this season. DMo should back up the 4 & 5 and Casspi back up 3 and sometimes 4. DMo needs time to develop. Young player with potential should get time especially if the guys ahead of him are not producing.

16. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I don't think Harden's hero ball is necessarily bad. After all he is a star or even superstar to the organization. He deserves some of those shots especially if he is shooting light out. But it is a bad thing for the team if he does it all the time and especially bad if he keeps doing it and missing them in the 4 qtr. He should call in some pnr or screens to help his drives to make them more effective.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I love TJ's physicality. His rebound tells the story of his physical play backed up by a strong body. He and Howard will make it hard for teams to out rebound us. If his shooting improves, he will be heading to all star one day. The guy deserves it as he pays his due. He played hard in DL and very dedicated to training, very unlike the other big body Royce White.

18. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Canaan is 5"11' without shoes and 6"0 with shoes according to his measurements on draftexpress.net.