1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Have a chance to get within 2 games of OKC.

Given that we probably wont over take the Spurs for the division crown, our best bet is to get ahead of either Thunders or the Blazers.

2. pippsux

pippsux Member

Yo beard this is the team that didn't you were worth the Max. So much so they traded you to a conference rival. Attack attack attack be the superstar u are. Game winner one night beast on ur former team the next. Do it bro, I got ur back dawg.

3. Yellow

Yellow Member

Everybody's beating them, so we should be able to if the bench shows up. The schedule favouring for the league's top teams is also what keeps the conspiracy theories alive so if we lose, we're still okay. F the league!

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

3 ball comes alive, rockets win by 15

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

The Rockets need to come out hard, and pay them back for making them look so bad the last time they played the Thunder.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

44% estimated chance of winning

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

for OKC, bookmakers say

8. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

Should be a great game. Don't remember correct numbers but when we get 20 or more assists per game were pretty much unbeatable. Let's hope thats the case tonight.

9. dianelo

dianelo Member

Who made the game schedule for each team? Why do we have to play the 2nd night of a back to back against OKC 2 out of 3 times for 2 consecutive years?

10. dianelo

dianelo Member

Not only did we got blown out, we couldn't even buy a FG in the 1st quarter. That was ****ing embarrassing.

11. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I hate to be on here if we lose tonight o_O

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It depends on how the Rockets lose. I expected them to lose in OKC last time these two teams met and I was fine with that. What made me mad that night was how they never showed up for the game.

A win would be huge though both in terms of the standings and also because it sets the Rockets up to have a very nice winning streak if they win the next 4 home games(all of which are far easier opponents than the Thunder).

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, I don't care if we win or lose. I just want to see us be competitive. You already know Durant woke up early for this game to get ready. Which Harden will we see tonight? I'm hoping for the best shooting guard in the NBA that relentlessly attacks the basket. Hopefully Howard can stay on the floor! Either way someone is going to have to step up from Lin, Parsons or a collection of our bench guys. Please not another blow out in the first quart like last game.

14. coffeelover665

They beat us bad last time, ran us out of the building. But now we're coming back with superman. Superman aint scared of no spider.

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

Somebody remind Howard that he is better than Perkins. Don't let that mean look fool u, own his ass , Howard. Where is Hakeem to remind him about dominating? These are the games we brought Howard here for. Key to victory will be tjones, that infant beast is balling his ass off. He needs to draw ibaka away from the basket to open up driving lanes for Lin parsons harden and or attack the rim forcing ibaka into fouls.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Show up and we beat the Westbrook-less Thunder.

Start lackadaisical and we won't have the umph to get past Durant later in the game.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

We're not beating OKC. I'd be willing to put money on it. OKC sees Rockets Red like a bull sees red from a Matador swinging for the fences. You guys are insane to think we'll beat OKC tonight.

18. Exel

Exel Member

Hopefully the Toyota Center will be rocking. We need the crowd to energize the players as they'll most likely be a tad sluggish tonight. Thunder down and rockets up!

And **** you Clay Bennett!!!!!!

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Out of their last 5 losses, they were either tied or lost in the rebounding edge.

They are the best rebounding team in the league.

Beat them on the boards and likely you'll beat them. Big night for D'mo, DHoward and DTerrence Jones.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden goes off for 45 and we will win by 2