1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

No way Lin will re-sign rockets in in any circumstance.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

There may be a few teams that offer him the chance to start but there will be no teams that will promise he is their second option.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Please enlighten me. What promises did the Rockets make to Lin?

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

5m/5m/15m. And first dibs on a locker if they ever built a new locker-room. Lying bastards.

5. devin23

devin23 Member

Lin is now 14-6 as a starter this season. Give the man his starting job back! He can start AND run the 2nd units, stagger lin and harden's minute more... it ain't rocket science... :rolleyes:

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

He's too inconsistent to be starter. Beverley may be consistently mediocre, but at least he's consistent.

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

We're almost halfway through the season and Lin's started almost all the games lol. Is this whole "give Lin his starting job back" just coming from people who don't even watch the games?

I mean, save the complaint for when he's not actually starting for weeks upon weeks please...

8. devin23

devin23 Member

so u would rather he be consistently mediocre? Come on now, that doesn't even make sense.

9. devin23

devin23 Member

Umm Lin's only starting cause bev is injured like he did early on when bev had a broken rib? He went back to the bench after bev recovered... Yes I'm watching the games. :rolleyes:

10. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

That is pretty funny. Every game I see the commentators mention how Lin lost his starting job. But then again almost every game, Lin has started. McHale probably wishes he never said anything.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

It always helps to play Eastern Conference teams to pad your stats up.

Even though Lin is a combo guard, I still want the SG part of him emphasized more than the PG, which is why he's better coming off the bench. It seems even more logical now considering how poor our bench is performing. D-Mo was the only one to even score tonight, really?

12. dianelo

dianelo Member

Did you check that most Rockets' win with Lin as starter are over eastern conference teams? Just wanna know.

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol

Agree though

14. AVoiceInACrowd

I wish people would stop writing this crap about Lin getting overpaid last year.

Last year, Lin definitely earned the 8.3 million. The 2 closest pgs in pay last year were Mo Williams and Devin Harris. They both got 8.5 million, slightly more than Lin. Even Beno Udrih got payed 7.3 million last year.

The Rockets did not pay the Linsanity premium. What they did pay is around the low end for a starting point guard not in his rookie contract.

Having said all this. Has Lin earned his pay this year? We won't know til the season is over.

15. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Hahahha pbev didnt prove anything yet in this season and this kid talk big??? Lols what did actually pbev have done to warrant the starting position? Can you give me some stats??? Oh i gues pbev is god during the playoffs lols..nice try dude,,, what is consistency for you man? Lin is pretty dam good in defense now and he scores too...what do you expect? 25/10 to a pg wh0 cant even get a descent field goal attempts...gettaouta here!

1 person likes this.
  16. Little General

Dude chill out... It's more about that our bench has been very weak. I don't think that Bev can lead the bench player very well, that's why Lin is needed there. But I do want Lin to be the starter. There should be some way where Lin can help the bench even when Lin is the starter in my opinion.

You get it now? Lin makes the bench better. Bev, not so much. At least that what I'm thinking.

17. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Once you get off Lin's dick, try a few English lessons. Beverly is our best perimeter defender.

18. yummyhawtsauce

LOL! :D

19. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Lin has been playing decent Defense lately. Once you get off Bevs dick maybe you can explain his 1 for 15, or 0 for 10 games with zero assists.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This is very true. Nothing grinds McHales gears more than Lin in full r****d mode.