1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Donatas Motiejunas get Omri Casspi's minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

And btw, per 34 it's like 19.4 points and 24.3 rebs :eek: ALL-STAR pottential!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. galpeleg

galpeleg Member

u seen the game ????

Dmo 2 shots (out of 5) where when he was totally free in the post and none of his rebound come out of an hustle.
    Casspi ended up with +- of 0
    Garcia (ho played bad) ended with +- of -5
    Dmo ended up with +- of -6

3. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

Neither deserve minutes. DMO's defense is atrocious and Casspi is too trigger happy.

4. galpeleg

galpeleg Member

Casspi took only 2 shots and both been in decent situations

check th player stats thread and c that Casspi is actually one of the more willing passer in the team

5. nobie

nobie Member

+- means ****, brooks played great tonight, but got -8. And 5rebounds in 7 minutes is much better than zero in 6.

6. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Really can't understand McHale decision making to be quite frank.
    I mean Casspi has been decent thus far and always found a way to contribute to the team in almost every game he played, so why would McHale allocate only 6 minutes for Casspi this game? he did against the Knicks as well, Casspi played I think 5-6 minutes and played good, had 5 points and really looked efficient, but again McHale decided to bench him, what is the matter?
    Why would you let a guy like Garcia that with all due the respect (and I really like this guy) he has been awful for a long period of time, he is in a slump approximately since the season started, I really can't comprehend the thought behind McHale's decision.

7. nobie

nobie Member

MHL is terrible coach.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I think mchale is closing with the guys he can trust the most and cassipi hasn't showed mchale that trust as of yet and sides with someone who did it in the playoffs (garcia). It wouldn't be anything personal as by all accounts cassipi is a great person for a locker room and very respectful guy.

9. noone

noone Rookie

I think McHale has a perception of how basketball should be played and players have to work their way in the system. I feel Omri Casspi maybe the kid in math class that tries hard but doesn't follow the lesson. Garcia doesn't do anything but he doesn't make any mistakes.

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

I mean, this is a foul. And they didn't called.

[​IMG]

11. Progs

Progs Member

My boy dmo needs his minutes.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

CASSPI HORRIBLE!!!!

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

One of the worst calls I have seen. Cassipi has done so many Shane battier esq plays today. He is deffently not the worst of the rockets today

14. galpeleg

galpeleg Member

and help at the end of the quarter with 2 nice hustle rebounds

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

D-Mo should get some of Casspi's and Jones' minutes, and Casspi should take ALL of Garcia's minutes

16. devin23

devin23 Member

there you go.

17. Progs

Progs Member

This is beautiful. Dmo!!!!