1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Frustrated Motiejunas just wants to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love it when players demand to get traded then complain that the teams wants too much in return. Guess DMO and his agent didn't learn anything from Asik.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With a lot of these foreign sources, some of what is going on may be lost in translation. I don't know if DMo's agent is complaining or just stating that the Rockets want more than the other teams are willing to give (which of course they are, otherwise, a trade would have happened already).

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

The new cba has made it harder for players to just pick teams they want to play for now and the DMo case is intriguing because he isn't good enough of an asset to net a big man on a vet minimum that can also contribute and also not good enough to get a 1st round pick in this or future drafts.

4. allaroundplayer

This is why I don't like Morey or think he is a good GM because he is in general always guilty of OVER-GM-ing & trying to manipulate finances moreso than making a good team. If you compare the Rockets to how OKC develops their young players, OKC pretty much just throws them out there right away to make them into stars because Lamb for example did nothing to deserve playing time this season. He was pretty much awful a lot of the time starting from preseason but still got consistent minutes into the regular season then slowly & steadily showed improvement & increased confidence so now he plays regularly pretty good & is seen as having a bright future when people were saying he isn't very good or may get traded while he was struggling, the same way they do about D-Mo. Anyway, Morey doesn't want to do the same thing with a player like D-Mo because look at what has happened to some of the players on OKC. Harden got too expensive for OKC to afford & now Reggie Jackson it is talked about that he may demand too much of a salary for them to resign. So this is apparently what Morey and the Rockets are doing with D-Mo, purposely holding him back or maybe more accurately not exactly concerned if he doesn't make a splash most of his rookie contract, so they do not have to pay a lot of money to him on his next contract. I think that is their strategy to some extent with all their other young players, however I don't agree with it at all personally. Of course, this also means we shouldn't put much stock into the trade rumors.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

allaroundplayer is once again allaroundtrolling! I love it!

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

He has signed 3y low-salarie contract. No reason to hold him back.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So basically he's not very valuable. I have a feeling Dmo will go the way of a former Euro player that many once argued for him to get PT as well - he was known as the T-mac of Greece.

Fair point.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you are referring to V-Span, I only remember DD being really high on him. It was a long time ago though and I don't care to remember garbage so meh, who knows?

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

You're right. He's the perfect guy to "wait and see". Those guys don't net much in trades, but they have too much potential value to just dump.

The right move is probably holding onto him. Give him another summer and see if he develops.

11. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

say what you want about his game, but D-Mo seems to have a good head on his shoulders. his time will come, here or somewhere else.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

He's shooting 35% from the field and 9% from three. He's also on pace to become just the second player in history to jack 4.5 threes per 36 minutes while shooting under 10% in a season (minimum 150 minutes played). So my sympathy levels for his predicament are not extremely high right now. You want PT, you'd better either hit the gym and get back over 30% from those corners, or find a new place to camp out on offense that you're not crappy from.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I have said over and over that D-MO isn't an NBA player.

I stand corrected. Guy is too soft for the NBA.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am with you!

His ceiling and skills don't mean squat if they don't translate to helping your team while your on the floor.

All this "he needs to play to get better" or "cant get into a rhythm with so few minutes" are just excuses. If you play bad when you get minutes, your minutes disappear. Thats the NBA.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Simple as that. Beverley came out of nowhere to supplant a solid backup PG in Toney Douglas and Parsons did practically the same thing with a starter in Budinger. Meanwhile guys like TWill, Joey Dorsey and MarShon Brooks are/were talked about only for their potential.

16. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

DMO is just as good as these refs....

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

18. devin23

devin23 Member

give the dude some playing time!! backup for jones...

19. platypus

platypus Member

DMO needs playing time. McHale should cut casspi's minutes at the four and let him play the 3 backing up parsons. Garcia should only play if casspi is having a bad shooting night or if DMO/Jones gets in foul trouble.

DMO at the four with Dwight seems like it would be a good combo. But please don't trade away a 21 yr old polished 7-footer (post game wise). Let him develop.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Good thing you were wrong, if he didn't play tonight there is a good chance the Rockets would have lost.

You can't judge how good a player is until he gets consistent playing time.