1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Retired cop guns down man for texting at Florida movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I remember one time when I was around fourteen years old...I was at a movie in an old New Braunfels theater (one where they actually had old, leftover black (upper balcony) and white (lower balcony) seating back during segregation (obviously, not still in effect)) watching "Red Dawn". I was with my friend and his parents. Anyway, the Dad had one of those big tubs of popcorn. He had to stand up and sit down. So, he ended up spilling the large tub of popcorn all over. I thought it was funny until I saw the rage on his face. He looked like he could have killed someone in that moment he was so mad. His wife had to chill him out and calm him down. "It's okay, honey!"

Bottom line...don't mess with the popped corn, man. Just keep it in the tub. It's bad news when it gets out of the tub unintentionally more than a few at a time. :mad:

#321 Surfguy, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I bet you he doesn't say crap when black people are talking during the movie. It's good to be black in America!

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I notice a persistent trend in your posts about the blacks.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why the heck would I fap at the movies? I meant other people can and do. I have no problem with that as long as it doesn't get on my Puma shoes.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

hispanic?

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

how do you know if you can control your emotions? I don't understand the question. That's like asking how do you know if your hair is brown.

is that a serious question?

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

This is a sad story. Two people who should have acted better for this one, the younger guy shouldn't have been a douche but this all on the psycho that shoots to kill when verbally threatened and has popcorn thrown at him.

For being a professional at this kind of thing makes it even sadder, of all people to be in that situation with you would expect a trained cop would have the best sense.

Those of you trying to pin the blame on the guy for being a jerk need to re-look how you see life. Sure he was an idiot but no one deserves to die over that. Hell even if the guy shot his leg it teaches him a lesson.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

One lunatic shoots up a theater in CO - now everyone bring yo guns to the movies!

10. tallanvor

Not a single person has argued otherwise. You are arguing with nobody.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm not arguing that with anybody (have read through thread and know no one has argued that point), my first sentence in that paragraph was just aimed that the few guys who have seemed to brush the murder part under the rug and just seem to be fixated on the moron who started it.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, let's focus on popcorn popping, texting in a theater, and call it I don't feel sorry, no sympathy, assumption of risk, and other crazy things over the guy being shot, b/c there is a public jerk law.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lQlIhraqL7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It sounds like a lot of posters in this thread have never had a movie theater butter popcorn shell hit them in the eye at high velocity -- the unknown object the shooter was hit with...

[​IMG]

CASE DISMISSED

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

^^^ lol, very post modernistic. I always thought Akon has too much talent to sing garbage like that.

16. dback816

dback816 Member

I don't know what phone this guy has, but how does taking out the phone to text annoy anyone?

The phone's most likely on mute so zero sound. Even if it isn't, the "typing" sound should not be overpowering the dozens of overweight people eating popcorn and Snickers.

17. New Jack

New Jack Member

That's exactly how I feel about some of the posts in this thread. I'm sure that nobody here condones the shooter in this situation. I just found it baffling that someone finds it outrageous that some guy was texting during preview trailers...yet treat the murdering of that guy like it's an afterthought.

It's just a freaking movie! It's merely there for entertainment. Why do people take it so seriously when someone takes their phone out? It's like the Alabama football fan that murdered that other woman because she didn't care about Alabama losing to Auburn. People need to get their priorities in check.

1 person likes this.
  18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The light is distracting in an otherwise dark theater.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't go to theaters anymore because I know I'm generally going to be annoyed by the other movie goers.

20. tallanvor

the bright light of the phone annoys people