1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There was and will always be one Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Dec 29, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And a rabid mcgrady fan.

Like walking dead Shane rabid.

Like run away Carl

#241 tinman, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Chris Jent MVP

Because the injured diva *IS* the Tracy McShady legacy.

The dude was healthy for maybe 1 full season? All the rest was injuries and drama.

How much conversation can you have about "prime" T-Mac when it was only 1 season? There's more conversation about his failures because there's so much more fail to talk about.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeem Olajuwon played 1,177 games with the Houston Rockets.

McGrady played 303 games with the Houston Rockets.

See the difference? Maybe McGrady fans failed at Math.

Don't ever think of Hakeem with you make a McGrady argument, it's just insulting to Rockets fans.

4. FearTheBeardJH

Tracy had some flaws in his approach to the game, but he was outstanding on the court.

As I look back on the Rockets failures from the Tmac/Yao era, "Tracy sucked" doesn't come to mind at all. It was more bad luck than anything.

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

WELL SAID!! :cool:

6. tinman

Supporting Member

you didn't watch the Rockets era then.

bad luck is not an excuse for failure.

There was the Steve Francis Era
    Steve/Yao
    Tmac/Yao
    Ron Artest /Yao for one year

Guess which one won a playoff series?

Ron Artest /Yao

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y_yk4Egfqys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wQ8_sQZOKjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Because it's just as simple as that right? Get off it man, c'mooon.

A series win is great, sure, but in my very humble opinion, that squad wasn't going to have a legit chance at winning it all. The Yao and T-Mac teams when both playing, had a legit shot. Ultimately, that's what you bank on right? I don't hold the Artest/Yao playoff "run" in any special regard.

Everyone on this board knows where you stand. Hearing/seeing it over and over is seeeeriously old. You are like Napoleon Dynamite's uncle Rico. I bet you I can throw a football over them there mountains.

Your mission to educate, is not going to work. You won't change anyone's opinions or minds, ESPECIALLY if they are truly a *whatever*-only-fan.

Rockets fans had serious hope when McGrady and Yao teamed up. I think ultimately, that's all most are clinging on to. Let them do that, while you cling on to the past glory. Even the TOF that you are bickering with, hey...they are still here. So they are Rockets fans too.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes, we at least should have gone further than where we were with Steve/Cuttino. We didn't. He got paid max salary to led us somewhere.
    We went nowhere.

They are making up lies to cling on to. 22 game winning streak was a team achievement, plus McGrady NEVER PLAYED 22 games.

Did he even play a full season for the Rockets? you tell me that.

1. the Glory actually happened

2. they aren't clinging on to anything, they are making up false realities and throwing all these people under the bus, Yao, JVG, Rick, Shane, Ron, Bob Sura, Deke, Brooks, Scola, Landry

3. They WERE NEVER ROCKETS FANS, they only seek glory for their favorite player not the team

4. They are only here for the same reason all OFs are , to draw attention to their favorite player. In this case, pretend it was everyone else's fault for his own outcome.

Maybe in life the TOFs take a test and see 3 choices, Yes, No, What if Tracy.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not a bright light aren't you?

There are no actual McGrady fans anymore because he is not an active player.

Those are called 'nostalgists' at best and are like 'hopeless romantic'. You should know that because you live in the past all the time!

11. tinman

Supporting Member

you are a rabid Tracy McGrady fan. Cause you always show up on these threads defending your fellow idiots

McGrady was a failure for the Rockets.

Promises of championships
    reality - can't get out of the first round, quit on team, traded for cap space, went team to team looking to ride coattails

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah. I show up because it is hilarious talking about nothing with you.

And the result is nothing. You are the McGrady of CF posters but just not as accomplished as an individual - no scoring/posting title.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could just lock up yourself in your Hakeem, Vernon and 90s threads
    and avoid threads with McGrady in the title. That would spare you a lot of time.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

hahahahaha, you can never defeat me mcgrady fan

i shall always tell the truth when liars spread lies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#254 tinman, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Put McGrady in the same class as Pippen. :eek:

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

yeah I don't need to. You defeat yourself in about 9 times out of 10.

But I give you props for some good threads that are not about McGrady but they are rare.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank goodness Pippen didn't bring any dumb fans here.

Nah, Pippen is in a class of his own.

He's the King of Fail, but the Queen Diva shall always be McGrady

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not really sure why you associate yourself with Hakeem and the past championships like you were one of the guys who brought home the bacon. Hakeem, Clyde, Mad max...those were guys who actually did something for the Rox, all you really did was either buy tickets to a game or watch it on tv.

At the end of the day you're just a fan, exactly like the rest of us. Being born during the 80's or whatever doesn't really entitle you to anything, so I'm not sure why you take great pains to distance yourself from the Francis-era and Tmac-era Rockets. In fact don't you think it makes you seem like a bandwagon fan?

DD, Clutch, Bima...there are lots of posters here who were also fans during the time Hakeem was playing for the Rox. However these guys don't dwell on the past, they care about the present as well. You're the only dude who keeps bringing up the Rox' past glory and distance yourself from the current Rox who aren't as good as before. You're the only guy who seems to only care about the Rox when they're good.

1 person likes this.
  19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

20. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

T-Mac was a superstar and one of the most talented guys to put on a Rocket's uniform. Sadly, injuries zapped his will to fight in my opinion. It happens to the best of them and I think the reason so many people still rag on him is that he fell short of our expectations and let us down more than once. I still liked the guy and I think he tried.