1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There was and will always be one Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Dec 29, 2013.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More talented than Hakeem Olajuwon and Moses Malone? :grin:

And even If he was, it makes it all the more sad, honestly.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the talent that mcgrady has is to give organizations false hope that he could lead the team to a championship or even a playoff series victory.

it has been proven time and time again, he can never stay healthy, he can never get along with coaches, organizations, and teammates and fans.

his motivation for success is strictly selfish, not team oriented .

he was never a good leader, he couldn't lead the boy scotts .

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He was such an exciting player to watch. It was depressing watching him deteriorate so rapidly.

4. Chronz

Chronz Member

How does one define talent? Do we ignore his genetic defect/balky back? The likes of which derailed his prime and forced him into changing his game multiple times to compensate?

Tmac was talented but he was also cursed with a curved spine, so much so that some doubted he would last in the league, lo and behold, they were half right. Tmac didn't enjoy a long career but his peak was so dominant that only about 30 or so players in NBA history have been selected to more All-NBA teams.

5. Chronz

Chronz Member

True, but it was inspiring to see him adapt his game so often. To give his all in the playoffs. Its a shame he spent his best days toiling away on teams that couldn't do anything unless he was on the court. Even the Rockets with Yao floundered without him to guide the team.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

It was a shame to see the Rockets flounder their days away toward the end with a superstar who doesn't give any effort and lied about his health status, thank goodness we got Ron Artest he was 100x the leader that tmac ever was.

Yao and the Rockets got better because Tmac left.

[​IMG][​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ulqFFtnHpog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#226 tinman, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Which is why it was amazing that Morey got rid of him.

Rockets Better Without Tracy McGrady

There are always teams looking to add a scorer or a large expiring contract so it wouldn’t be hard to trade McGrady. This wouldn’t be the first time he has been shopped by the Rockets as he has nearly been traded in recent years. The move would steer the team in the right direction and start a new era of basketball in Houston, one that is centered around teamwork and winning.

It’s time for the Rockets to move their team in a new direction. Tracy McGrady is the one piece that doesn’t fit into their style of play and will hold the team back if his minutes increase. Houston is better off without McGrady and the sooner they realize this, the sooner they can duplicate the success they had prior to his return.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/rockets-better-without-tracy-mcgrady#50rCfhgBTpWeHEvS.99

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK tinman: I am totally on your side about MeMac but this strikes me as an awful lot of time, effort and BBS space dedicated to a former has-been - never-was. Plus I think Chronz is pranking you.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The team didn't flounder crap without T-Mac. If anything, the team got better without that diva to shackle them down after he got injured. The team made it farther than it ever did with T-Mac active when it was Yao and Ron leading the Rockets. T-Mac is a perennial playoffs loser and that is a fact.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I remember Chronz as a rabid TOF. I think they are jealous that he's insignificant, hence the thread coming out of nowhere.

There's nothing new in the Lin threads. Waiting for morey to do some deals before the trade deadline, that's the real topic .

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I didn't much like how things went down at the end of his time here, but man, people be butthurt like crazy.

12. Chronz

Chronz Member

Toward the end, yes. But that wasn't a superstar you were looking at, that was a player who was playing on a knee that required MF. Nobody lied, why undergo a career endign surgery if it wasn't required? Thats why the Rocket Physicians resigned and apologized for their negligence IIRC.

Then explain why the team struggled so badly in his absence? They could be without Yao and sustain high efficiency, but remove Tmac, and it went downhill. IIRC they werent even .500 without him during his prime.

Different year, different teammates, different opponent, different Tmac. Why would I care about how the team performed that year when Im discussing a PRIME T-Mac. Step it up breh

Read back a few pages for why this is an irrelevant factoid, basketball isnt Tennis, hes not out there by himself.

13. Chronz

Chronz Member

Also why post Ron Artest? I dont recall Yao ever thanking Ron for helping his game. The stats certainly dont back his superiority or his drastic impact for his teammates. Wake me up when Ron Artest has as many All-NBA selections LMFAO

14. Chronz

Chronz Member

What would make you think that? If anyone is pranking anyone, its Tinman with his constant dodges. Notice how the topic has devolved into a past his peak/prime Tmac when Im discussing the impact of a healthy T-Mac.

Feel free to pick up the debate for him, god knows he needs the help.

15. Chronz

Chronz Member

Hey was Dikembe Mutombo a better player for the Rox than T-Mac? He made the 2nd Round and actually had a better record than Yao in the playoffs....

#haterlogic

16. Chronz

Chronz Member

Actually Im a Clippers fan. Rox were the team I grew up rooting for because the Clips werent competing for anything back then and I went to a classic duel between Hakeem and Nique back in the day that put them on my radar.

What exactly would I be jealous of? Seriously make sense of that post because Im struggling to find the correlation. Its a thread about Tmac. I've shut down your laughable attempts at a rebuttal so this is all you have left, totally jealous.

17. Chronz

Chronz Member

Amazing to get rid of an expiring contract? Do you not know how the NBA works? Remember when the Rox couldn't get rid of Hakeem?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Tracy mcgrady was a cancer , his attitude , his play and his contract.

Hakeem win championships and Mvps .

it's insulting that you even put them in same paragraph.

Shows your knowledge of the rockets is bullocks

19. tinman

Supporting Member

You're a rabid TOF .

I remember your posts when mcgrady got traded and when he quit .
    You were defending him like you were Derrick fisher

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Cause Ron brought toughness and leadership to the rockets which Tracy couldn't.

That season Tracy decided to not show up against Utah in a regular season game and a injured Ron artest played and led the team.

I think mcgrady fans have a false memory of the rockets . It's done on purpose and it's partially because mcgrady fans are stupid