1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: McHale is trying to get the team to acquire Mike Dunleavy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2014.

1. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

Al Jefferson

2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nt-trade-blake-griffin-even-if-it-makes-sense

I know, I know - it's a bleacher report :grin:

• A league executive offered this plausible reason for the Rockets’ interest in Bulls forward Mike Dunleavy: It gives them more flexibility at power forward without having to deal Omer Asik for one before the trade deadline. Dunleavy can either play stretch 4 or allow small forward Chandler Parsons to slide there; the presence of Dwight Howard allows the Rockets to get away with it defensively. That then allows Houston to wait to move Asik in a draft-related deal. Several GMs are fully expecting Dunleavy to be moved for a pick as the Bulls transition into full rebuild-for-next-season mode.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dunleavy's also started 2 or 3 games as a PG in the NBA but only due to injuries. He played that position in high school. With the combination of his height and passing ability I think McHale could be eying him as a guy who can get the ball to Dwight as well as his with his shooting.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Now that IS an interesting theory. It would be risky (but satisfying) not to reward Asik's behavior, but what would the Rockets have to cough up?

5. basketballholic

Has there ever been any question that acquiring Dunleavy would allow Parsons to play spread-4?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So, Codman...

Was EGO auditioning for the Rockets?

Codman?

Yo, Codman...

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only because there was some Jason Smith talk here...

Jason Smith out indefinitely

NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that center Jason Smith will be out indefinitely with a right knee injury. An MRI revealed Smith suffered cartilage damage in his right knee.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thanks for the update, seems like we are lucking out a bit and the guys we may have interest in, are getting hurt somewhere else rather than it happening here.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Mchale is stuck in the 80's he couldn't make Chase Budinger Larry Bird so he tried with Parsons so I guess his next choice is Mike Dunleavy... hurry up and fire this idiot.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Trade deadline rumblings: Houston's hope of landing Bulls' Dunleavy not looking good, as I'm told Chicago doesn't appear willing to move him</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/435802689398931456">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. arjun

arjun Member

lol WHY would they try to hold on to him ?

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

3rd seed duh!

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Looks like we will be going to the playoffs with this current team. I don't think anything will happen.

14. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

@KBergCBS: Clippers interested in flipping wing player (Dudley, perhaps Barnes) for frontcourt help, per source. Jamison, Mullens also available.

If we're looking to upgrade the wing position, maybe go to the clippers. Dmo for Matt Barnes and a 2nd rounder? Barnes would give us nice defense off the bench and can hit the 3.

15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Why not Dudley?

Can shoot the 3 and a above average defender (if i recall)

16. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Orleans has made Anthony Morrow available for a draft pick, league source says. Morrow has a $1.15M player option for next season.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/435789527526174720">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

Or maybe Greg Smith for Morrow. The Pellies have been in the market for a big man. Morrow gives the Rockets a shooter.

17. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Barnes is on a smaller contract that includes a team option in 2015-2016 while Dudley cost more and has a player option in 2015-2016.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I guess they think they have a shot at making some noise in the playoffs.

19. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets one of many teams wanting Dunleavy, but Bulls value him. Chicago has nothing in the works elsewhere yet, either, I'm told.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/435814739831029761">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. Play07

Play07 Member

2-18-14 @sam_amick

"Rockets one of many teams wanting Dunleavy, but Bulls value him. Chicago has nothing in the works elsewhere yet, either, I'm told."