1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. basketballholic

MKG can't help us. He can't shoot. Whatever defensive benefit we would derive from him would be offset by him cluttering up the offense.

McRoberts would be a definite short-term consideration as he is a better fit alongside Dwight than anybody we have on the roster right now.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah, you are right about MKG. As i mentioned, I like that trade more because we would be getting McRoberts, and we really need a player exactly like him, as well as a solid wing rotation player who can hit a three.

Maybe a better trade would involve immediately flipping MKG for a three point shooter. I know people were talking about Dunlevy -- never been a big fan of his, and he can't stay healthy.

But yeah, you are right. MKG might be a bad fit. If we could get McRoberts and a good shooter from a third team, that might be a team that could make some noise in the playoffs.

3. yostros99

yostros99 Member

I'm still on the Hawes + X (pick or Turner and then swing him elsewhere) for Asik deal. Helps us out the most.

4. jvu

jvu Member

Asik Lin 1st cash for love filler

Asik TJ filler 1st cash for love filler

T1.
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Love Howard

T2
    Lin
    Harden
    parsons
    Love
    Howard

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

This is a bad deal for the sixers. Both of those players you mentioned are on the last year of their contracts. Their GM is going to want a clean book next summer, not one with a 8.5 M player for 2 more years.

Here is an actual realistic trade that makes sense for all 3 sides

getting tired of all of these impossible trades being posted

[​IMG]

1. sixers salary dump + allows them to tank harder.
    2. Rockets get a bench 3/4 that makes them more flexible defensively and offensively. Get rid of crybaby asik.
    3. Bobcats who are seemingly trying to contend get a quality Center. They do have Al but they could try twin towers since Al has a decent mid range game and a pretty good post game

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

throw in picks or some cash, maybe even a 4th team to make it work

7. Raven

Raven Member

For the one millionth time, it's extremely unlikely that Morey will trade for any player whose contract extends beyond 2015 unless that player is a star.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It doesn't make much sense for the 76ers. Thad Young is a good 25 years old player who's not overpaid.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Thad Young? I think it's very unlikely that he would refuse a deal like that. You get a young reasonably paid very good starter who's also a great fit and would be a major boost for this team.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Think about the cap space 76ers will have... perfect for rebuilding and perhaps pulling in a couple of max deal guys alongside a player like jabari parker + nerlens noel. I believe they have alot of 1st rounders for the next few years. Young is good but they dont need a solid 25 yr old that will probably be 28 or 29 by the time 76ers are ready to contend.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

there are only 2 attainable "stars" and its not even a guarantee that we will get them.

Love? Nothing set in stone.
    Lamarcus? recently indicated he wants to stay in POR.

Thad youngs a very versatile young player who gives us what we really need, a stretch 4 that plays good D for a good contract for 3 years.

Thix is if the Rox want to contend THIS year.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think signing a couple of max level guys is more of a pipe dream than a good plan. It's not worth losing a good asset for nothing. They already have 30+ mil of it next year and more in 2015. Thad Young is playing very well, they would at least demand a good (lottery, maybe mid round) pick for him, I think. It's kind of like the Rockets with Lowry a couple years ago. They wanted cap space, they wanted to move a player, but that's not a reason to just give away. No reason to waste assets.

13. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

yes give me some Thaddeus Young, please

14. conquistador#11

what we need now are ex stars who are entering their early 30s willing to play for us for some pecan pie and a few dollars, like a ray allen.

15. Remii

Remii Member

So Philly dumps a very good player in Young and get Ben Gordon in return just so they can tank harder...? I don't see how that is a more realistic trade than others have posted.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This. And Philly would want more than just a deadweight expiring contract for Thad Young.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

That is very closed minded raven and baller4life. Morey would be happy to take over 2015 contracts if the person is right.
    +
    If he did take someone with more than 1 year left on his contract then that would make signing parsons up that much easier this year making him a RFA.
    + if he got say young then going into the 2015 FA window if morey wanted to change things up he could easily flip young since he will be coming up to being an expiring contract. And the new trend in the nba Is that expirings are gold in the nba it could be extra valuable in 3 years time

I don't think his is black and white at all, morey is an outside the box thinker who rarely goes the conventional way of acquiring assets

18. Play07

Play07 Member

morey was in Boston last night sure him and anige talked. Report is morey turned down a deal from Celtics for dmo. Anige got to see what lin can do at PG last night.

celtics like Asik, rondo comes back Friday against the lakers I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t hear morey trying to push this before deadline.

rockets in
    rondo
    humpries "expriring contract"

celtics in
    lin
    asik

19. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

This is exactly what I'm hoping for...an above average PG with ELITE play making skills. Would make Dwight's life SOOOO much easier and would take the ball OUT hardens hand lessening his turnovers. Rondo can help him get easier shots. This is a NO brainier for the Rockets if Morey can do it. I just Think the Celts can get a lil more for Rondo, but it;'s hard to Pass on a top 3 Defensive 5 and top 5 overall maybe. Lin is a cash cow and a good "guard" probably will flourish as a number 2 option

20. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

They can get much more for Rondo,but still think they might want Asik since they have no interior defense at all,Dwight raped them bad.