1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

Lin +21 tonight. This is what happens when he gets to play pg.

2. adobo

adobo Member

Good 2nd qtr....Lin and Casspi has really come out to play today. Noticed Lin is getting a lot more mins since he has tightened up his D. I am really impressed how much he has improved from the start of the year to the last 5-7 games. He has a potential to be one of the top PG if he can bring it all together (consistenly play good D and good offense)

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It would be awesome if we could snag a Dunleavy... lessen the pressure on Cisco and let him focus on defensive disruption. I'm loving what I see from him tonight.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

A lot of people want Lin to come off of the bench, and I understand it a little.

This is how the Rockets played a lot last year, and they should be even better this year with Howard. Although the record is better the play hasn't been for the most part. The Rockets play their best when they are running and moving the ball like this. Not that it's all Lin, but Lin does make a big difference. I think Mchale needs to start him a let him run free, then we will see a team like last year except a lot better.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

We saw this same exact game vs the Knicks. Couple bad minutes in the 3rd he may be out the rest of the game!

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If the coaching staff can encourage Lin to be aggressive every game - regardless of whether his shots fall - it will solve a lot of problems.

The difference between trying to finish / set up vs. picking up your dribble is massive. Can't have 8 mil on a player that can look like a starter one day and a D-leaguer the next especially when we have another 8 mil rotting on the bench.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Seems like Harden didn't play much but has 10 points already....stealthy night by him.

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'm hungry lol... D@mn rain delay.

9. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

and Durant is shooting 1-9 in 13 mins..but at the end he will be dropping 40 on us :p

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I almost forgot about Asik until you typed that. Not sure if that's good or bad.

11. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I saw that too - I wonder if Lin is playing more because Chandler is out, rather than the defense factor (though I agree that hes been playing great defense)

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We are looking good tonight

13. rocketblood713

The Wizards announcer said Asian wonder if anyone will be offended and want him fired ?

14. webattorney

webattorney Member

If Harden could play more unselfishly and pick his spots to score like Lin with the 1st Unit, and then Lin plays like this with 2nd Unit, Rockets would truly be a contender.

15. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

These Wizards commentators keep referring to the rain leak delay. "subtly" trying to make excuses for their lack of scoring...

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You know what's worse? I forgot Chandler was injured! :grin:

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

The reason why Lin cannot do well with 1st Unit is because he's treated as a scrub with the 1st Unit. I understand in some sense, that in 1st Unit, Harden might get upset if Lin controls the ball more than him.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

best ball movement i've seen in a while.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If I'm not mistaken, the Warriors gave Lin a contract because of the way he played against John Wall in a summer league game? Notable, Lins D on Wall?

Good matchup for Lin obviously?

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Lin has the most minutes...is this part of the conspiracy somehow?