1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Fantasy XIV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joesr, Sep 7, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It's closer to WoW than to FFXI, but it shares the FF world and classes/jobs, a nice crafting system, where you level each craft as a seperate class. Combat feels about on par with WoW. Animations and graphics are superior to WoW if you have a computer capable of maxing them. There is lots to explore, but there are lots of grindy quests, mixed in with exploration and delivery quests. Similar to most MMO's there.

There are event based open group quests called Fates where everyone in the area who participated gets credit regardless of being grouped or not, though grouping does make it easier to get the max reward.

Dungeons scale in difficulty pretty well, and all are reasonably unique. They are also required to advance the storyline quest. Story line is decent, if you don't skip reading it all in a rush to get to the next quest.

FFXIV lets you make one character and level every class with that character, just switch class weapons and a one minute cool down timer to change to something else. You also can take certain abilities from other classes you have leveled and use them cross-class. Like adding a conjurer's heal to your tank class, or a lancer's slow down hit to your archer. Then at level 30 once you have the proper second class leveled to 15, you can unlock jobs like Black Mage, Bard, White Mage, Paladin, Summoner, ect. So far it has been fun, and at $30 it isn't too huge an investment if you don't end up liking it. There is a monthly fee after the first month, similar to WoW. I read that sales just resumed today.

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I went ahead and bought it yesterday and I've been enjoying it. I'll update as I learn more!

3. joesr

joesr Member

if you try it out, let me know, already got a few friends, trying to start a guild thingy and get to raiding

4. joesr

joesr Member

What server?

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Famfrit. Currently around level 35 Black Mage with a couple of other classes leveled up a bit.

6. joesr

joesr Member

I just transfered with some friends to Mateus, less lag, less populated.

just hit 50, whm

you should make a toon over here :D

were trying to get a core together

7. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

was looking forward to playing it, until I got hooked on Planetside 2.

8. joesr

joesr Member

just got my Scholar (healing class) to 50. Time to get some gear

9. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I'm a lvl 50 bard/warrior/pld on gilgamesh if anyones on there, I have some low level toons too

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

SCH/SMN on Gilgamesh, full DL/relic+1... but I don't play anymore. :(

11. joesr

joesr Member

I need to play more to get those gear

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Does it have raid finder?

13. joesr

joesr Member

It has a party finder and if I am not mistaken it has that raid finder. I was put in a raid at least twice :D

14. JiantJerbil

JiantJerbil Member

Since 2.1, it's been way easier to get gear with the duty roulette, raised caps/etc. There's a free weekend login to anyone who played before and have a account

15. joesr

joesr Member

I love that roulette!