1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ILoveWhiteGirls

Are you Nostradamus???

2. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Who had worse injuries than us other than maybe the Lakers or the Bulls who are not ahead of us? :confused:

3. mulberry

mulberry Member

Lin does not deserve all the ridicules for stepping on the line.

4. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

I agree, Lin needs better game situation awareness. No excuse to not check your feet when you are down 3 toward the end of the game.

5. ILoveWhiteGirls

Tell us how you're really feeling.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK. With all due respect, I think your moniker sucks.

7. LoLin

LoLin Member

I don't know if I can agree with that. Lin controlled the ball a lot against the Lakers, his assist number would have been up had others knocked down open look shots while he wasn't able to get his offense going. The Hawks game was completely different, he was just, well, passive.

8. ConAim

ConAim Member

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Actually, with 16 seconds left on the clock. I am not sure if it's clear that it is mathematically the overwhelmingly better thing for Lin to check the foot before shooting it-- trading a lower chance of making the shot for higher certainty that the shot taken is a 3.

Specifically, a made 2 point shot was still of value to the team. They could foul and have time for another offensive possession. That's why Harden was driving for a quick two after the defender closed in on him on the 3 point line. This wasn't a situation where there is 2 seconds left on the clock and this was the absolute last chance. There is a difference still between being down 1 with 16 seconds left and having to foul and being down 3 with 16 seconds left and having to foul.

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

Don't give a **** about a moniker, and Blade Runner is a boring ass movie, BORING!!!! Now how do you feel about the game (Sarcasm) or continue this playground kindergarten stuff?

11. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

GS and OKC... LAC are playing better without CP3 and will likely remain ahead of us.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Who wants to know?

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Going off ESPNs stats

Possessions per game:

Last year 98.6
    This year 97.9

Points per 100 possessions
    Last year 106.7
    This year 107.2

Pace is essentially the same and the offense is more efficient

15. dznutz

dznutz Member

if p bev wasn't injured j lin will still be on the bench or traded with asik. why play hard if you know the team wants to ship you out anyway

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wasn't way over the line. Feet touches the line. The ref on his side saw it. The other ref had his hand up for a 3. I fault him for not already be positioned behind the line but not for not checking at that moment... loses rhythm and time for a quality shot

17. SirKen

SirKen Member

This is why I stopped arguing about our style of play. Whatever I said was ignored with namecalling. I am just waiting for Raptors to make my point for me and Rockets to collapse. Maybe, there might be a change in the off-season after all this.

Asik IS smart. He noticed what was going on and he distanced himself from the team. He will also get what he wants eventually even if it is the off-season.

18. SirKen

SirKen Member

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This.. we are more efficient BUT we so far have a pattern of playing worse as the game move on... I would guess our eff starts off high and go downhill from there to a point where we are ranked quiet poorly in the 4th. Somewhat opposite of last year where we starts slow, improve as the game go on, have a bit of a dip in the 4th, but not as major a dip as this year.

20. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I agree with those who say Lin looks completely out of it. Lin looks completely out of it.