1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ChippedToothLin

gotta be the sorriest last couple minutes all season.

i'll take the blake mamba 3 over this shyt.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Harden, Howard, Parsons, then a huge drop off. Talent wise, the Rockets just aren't there yet.

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

He may have done better if the coach could draw a decent play and our players could throw a damn entry pass lol.

4. jdk

jdk Member

Yeah, I think it's time to trade Lin.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When is Bev back? We need him. Lin has failed to step up. Bev at least takes care off the ball. 1 assist to 4 turnovers from the starting PG? SMH

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It takes 8 men to win in the league. I only saw 2 1/2 out there tonight - Harden, Howard, and Brooks.

1 person likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but game shouldn't have come to one play. Yet another disgrace loss for HOU.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

:grin:

9. orochiyao

orochiyao Contributing Member

answer my question

or better yet dont post here anymore

10. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

It seems to me that Lin really does not learn to change his bad habit, just like he would never change his bad habit of leaving his man wide open for a three pointer.

11. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Last Year Team Rankings:

PTS/G: 106.0 (2nd of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 102.5 (28th of 30)
    SRS: 3.69 (8th of 30) ▪ Pace: 96.1 (1st of 30)
    Off Rtg: 109.7 (6th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 106.1 (16th of 30)
    Expected W-L: 50-32 (9th of 30)

This Year Rankings:

PTS/G: 105.8 (3rd of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 102.4 (23rd of 30)
    SRS: 3.96 (9th of 30) ▪ Pace: 95.7 (8th of 30)
    Off Rtg: 109.6 (4th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 106.1 (18th of 30)
    Expected W-L: 22-14 (9th of 30)

Did we get better??

12. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

There is tons of blame to go all around. To blame ONE PERSON is completely asinine.

Lin stepped on the line when we didn't need him to.
    Okay, he's a Rocket, I will still cheer for him.
    Brooks threw a pass out of bounds intended for Harden.
    Harden drove into 3 Hawks and got blocked by the backboard.
    Cisco was dry from 3 point range.

Hows about:

The whole team sucked on positioning after the 3 ball. Sure we won the rebound battle but that doesn't mean boxing out isn't an issue.

Assists were low, really low. Our passing was horrible this game. They also dominated us in blocks and steals.

Ultimately, we just need to polish this machine. We have the talent. We absolutely have the talent, we just need it to mesh.

PS: Just because I didn't name Dwight, I am not a Dwight-Only-Fan.
    I'm a Rockets-Only-Fan.

13. ChippedToothLin

aw Brooks short but he ain't that short #youwrong

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

To be honest Chandler is only missed because....yeah Brewer started two games, played a total of 48 minutes and yes 0 points. PG is not the Rockets issue, albeit they probably need a solid veteran. No backups to Chandler, Harden, and Howard.....there's your problem!

15. Mr. Space City

it was easier being a rockets fan during the ab/lowry years. at least there wasn't any expectations.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What bad decision?

People think Bev is what the Rockets need at the starting spot because we play better offensively and defensively with him in the linup.

Glad you're happy we lost.

This happens all the time from LOF's bashing Harden and the rest of the Rockets. Clutch and the mods here are very generous as you should see by now so it shouldn't surprise you.

Exactly what I was coming on here to post. Harden/Howard showed up (although I would have liked for Howard to get the ball more and Harden to shoot more on the last two minutes) and the rest of the team was just garbage.

Just a classic Rockets game where we get sucked into playing a lot worse than we're capable of. Like some have said, it doesn't seem like we care out there. I don't care who is injured, there's no excused against meddling Eastern Conference teams when we have both Harden and Howard. No excuse.

Lin was just awful offensively out there. Last two possessions he just made stupid, stupid errors. He's so lost out there it's weird. We are down three how can you not be sure to get behind the line?? And before that he ISO'd himself into a turnover.

Harden played well on both ends of the floor tonight actually. I liked what I saw from the team (Harden included) as a whole defensively as well. I think he should have shot more down the stretch however.

Garcia is plain trash. 'Nuff said.

Jones was meh. Didn't really impact the game either way.

Howard played well, and was brilliant defensively. He needs more shots though, I've been saying it all season.

Brooks actually played well until the last play when he proceeded to throw it away on our final chance.

I'm struggling to figure out what Casspi has contributed lately.

Brewer is just invisible out there but he plays "D," which is good.

We got lots of improvements to make guys. We need depth.

Oh and BTW, I think it's hilarious that there are like twice as many people whining about people blaming Lin than there are actually people blaming Lin, lol. Happens every time.

If Harden made those same plays, same thing would happen.

17. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Also, if it's the end of the world because we lost one game... get out, you're a bandwagoner that we don't need. We have a great team and I don't want to see bad fans.

"It's not one instance" well it's still a young team. Their chemistry is much better but they aren't perfect.

I reiterate, if you blow your lid like some people have, just get out. Rockets deserve better fans than you. You know who you are.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Honestly, it tells me nothing. Indy, Miami and GSW (at least since Iggy has returned to their lineup) do not lose to inferior competition at ANYWHERE NEAR the clip that the Rockets do. It's mid-January, so it's time to drop the good-teams-can-lose-to-bad-teams and it-took-Miami's-big-three-time-to-gel-too rhetoric -- also known as "excuses."

What is really depressing is that nobody on the floor tonight had a really bad game, save for Garcia (from whom I expect nothing anymore, sadly). Nobody had a really GREAT game either -- but we just came up short on so many little but incredibly FUNDAMENTAL things. The careless turnovers, the poor shot selection, the poorly timed entry passes, the missed free throws, giving up so many offensive boards, and piss poor bench production, save for AB. These are recurring issues that plague us Every. Single. Game.

And yeah, we have injuries. Having Chandler would have been a tremendous help, offensively. Having Bev would have been a tremendous help on the boards, especially offensive boards. Having Asik would elevate us to another level, period. But the situation is what it is, and we aren't the only team that is dealing with significant injuries. Guys are hurt. Asik is disgruntled and seems unlikely to return. You have to figure out ways to step it up and compensate, and we just aren't doing it. At all.

It's really disappointing when you can no longer have any confidence in this team to beat a squad with a mediocre to losing record, but that's how I feel now. I think maybe I just need to accept the fact that my expectations were too high after preseason, and that a first round exit is likely. Sorry if I sound like a total downer, but I am tipsy and irritated and really effing disappointed.

And joy of joys -- we get to do it all again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How people continue to be so wrong about this is beyond me. Both Lin and Harden turn the ball over at nearly the exact same rate per minute played.

Turnovers per 48

Harden 4.7
    Lin 4.6
    Howard 4.5

All three are essentially the same turning the ball over per minute on the floor.

20. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

the losses to the kings piss me off...I mean we are 0-2 against them..just terrible