1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Guys.... this game is on Adidas, they gave Lin the line stepping shoes man... Shouldn't have left Nike SMH

2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

We're such a terrible road team, but you know - we're better than we were a year ago.

3. Rox7

Rox7 Member

He had more line steppings last year with Nike.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How does Lin NOT check to see that his feet are behind the line? What a ****ing idiot. It's not like this is the first time he's done that, either, but this time it cost us the game. Just finished watching it, since I was out earlier. Good god almighty. Lin is a ****ing chump.

1 person likes this.
  5. orochiyao

orochiyao Contributing Member

im not the one asking for moderator action against a group of completely harmless posts only you would be pissy about

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's because he went to Harvard lol

8. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Then he needs to find a sponsor that makes smaller shoes....

With his toe on the line as highlight, Adidas got some real good advertisement tonight..

9. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't have a great game but played well enough to win. He defended well and had 15/11/2.

10. tada

tada Member

Wow. Hate is strong on this one. I guess you would go suicidal if he missed it.

11. ILoveWhiteGirls

Quit trying to play it off like an idiot don't know the difference between an infraction and banning a person, lol.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One of my best friends went to Harvard. Hell, he was invited to a thing at the Toy Box for alumni, called me to ask me if I'd like to go, and I drove down for the game. I've got a Lin bobblehead bobbling away on my dresser. I've been a fan. Now I just think he's an idiot, and Harvard doesn't have a damned thing to do with Lin being an idiot, the ****ing chump.

13. carib

carib Member

Not understanding why the Rockets come out of time outs looking out of sorts. Inbounding the ball to Howard is proving a problem for this team. Lin and AB need to have a better handle on looking where there teammates are on the court. Poor ball movement (8 turnovers in the fourth) and poor defensive rebounding killed it for the Rockets. As McHale said today, they looked sluggish in practice yesterday and they came into the second half with the same sluggish effort.

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

That was part of the problem, dude. The Rox spent 15 seconds of each offensive possession, it seemed, trying to get Dwight the ball; when they couldn't, Harden would dribble iso for a while, then pass off or whatever to a teammate with a few seconds left. The Rox have no identify on offense except give the ball to Harden. They're so reliant on their stars that everyone just tends to stand around. Much different than last year.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's me you're talking to, chump. Hate? I should start sticking pins in my Lin bobblehead doll, the one sitting on my dresser.

As for a miss, I could live with that. You can't make them all. What I can't live with is not making sure your ****ing feet are behind the line, especially an end of game situation. What an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hawks made 81.8 % of their shots on the break, 30.7 % when not running. Yeah, Rockets transition D pretty awful.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/421849829111640064">January 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets assist to turnover ratio -- 15/18. Think that's bad? In the fourth quarter -- 3/8. Offense was awful in so many ways.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/421850812235538432">January 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Thoughts about this game:

1. Chandler Parsons has never been more missed. We have been a complete mess since he has gone out. He might not be the elite defender we were hoping he would turn into, but he is still the glue guy that definitely holds the team together as well as our third option.

2. Can't ask for much more from How Hard as they were literally dragging around the dead weight of the rest of the team. T-Jones has to give us better production and we really need to get more out of everyone else.

3. We need PG depth. AB is who he is and a PG he is not. If anyone can't see how important Bev is to our team by now, I honestly suggest they book an appointment with an eye doctor pronto. I wonder given the injuries to Rose if Bulls are willing to trade Hinrich away?

4. We need a sharp shooter. We need our version of Steve Kerr. Hopefully Canaan is that guy one day, but right now we have really a bunch of solid to good shooters and zero great ones it seems.

5. Tough loss guys... I need another beer.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Damn....for a so called Harvard graduate Lin has a very low basketball IQ

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden-our best player
    Dwight our anchor
    Parsons our glue guy

are keepers

Bev
    Brooks
    Aik if he accepts his roleare also worth keeping around

BYE BYE to Lin, Garcia, Brewer and co

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Why did Casspi play so little?
    I still trust his offense more than Garcia's, plus he might have helped get some rebounds when the Hawks kept snatching them all with the Rockets going tinyball, no?