1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Wow this game was almost unbearable with that first half ugly snoozer and almost four minutes at the end with hack-a-Dwight. The freethrow shooting was horrendous…Howard 10-24, yikes. I’m glad they didn’t give Lin the directive to attack and force the issue like he did against NY. Although his 3 point shot was totally off and there were some mistakes, tonight he played steady throughout the game and played some good stretches of defense. That third quarter with Harden doing his scoring thing definitely made this game easier to watch. I’m glad the team didn’t give up the lead in the 4th and 9 total steals by Howard & Harden were a big bonus.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden and Howard are so talented that we can play above 500 ball, with the ISO system that Mchale has. But our current system will not work in the playoffs. Something needs to change.

3. errpac

errpac Member

Good win

Great win, I hate the lakers. I do wish they win some games though and miss the lottery and playoffs. I was actually rooting for lakers when they played Dallas last game. Don't like either teams, Dallas due to them being a rival and having our number, and lakers due to their arrogant fans. Good job harden, I would not have been happy if we lost to the lakers again.
    I think this team still has a lot to improve on, but I do think the sluggish start in the firsts half was due to having 4 days off. We also do need to work on defense. And our shooters need to get on a roll more to help harden.
    Hope we get our injured players parsons, bev and asik back ASAP.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

23-13 record and we haven't played well at all this season......i think you would happily take that

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

We do need a coach bad, but I don't see it happening until the year is over.

Mchale is putting a damper on what should be a great year.

6. pnr

pnr Member

Harden is amazing. CF has the most knee-jerk members in existence. It was like 4 games ago where there were members willing to trade him.

7. uberjuicey

uberjuicey Member

Nice win to a slow starting game

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lots of fickle fans here who jump on and off bandwagons pretty quickly it seems

9. Nook

Nook Member

Contrary to what some on here think, James has won the Rocket many games.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

great coaching by McHale to change things up in the second half to get the win, this team needs more bench depth to help the starters out, it isn't so much the coaching.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey hasn't come out and said anything about expectations this year.

Of course some guys will interpret it as anything goes.

12. pnr

pnr Member

We won a game without Chandler!!!!!!!

Pls come back for atl tho.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not impressed with what I saw from the team tonight, outside of Harden. We are lucky he's on fire because we aren't playing winning basketball.

These guys aren't taking it seriously, we are probably too young. An early playoff exit this year hopefully will be a wakeup call.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

If you haven't seen the game, the only quarter worth watching is the 3rd (Harden blew up!). That's what won the game. Slow first half, brutal 4th quarter with hack-a-Dwight.

15. Nook

Nook Member

No, what we "need" is a healthy Parsons, Asik and Beverly and a backup 2-3 worth a damn.

16. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Thanks again, Presti, for delivering Harden to the H.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Noo he was right. We need a coach.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lin needs to play better. If your J's not falling stop shooting & create for others or drive the lane.

AND STOP BALL WATCHING.

Hopefully he gives a better showing on the road trip because we need it.

Harden is really good when he's active. Better than George for sure, just needs to be more consistent.

19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

13 pts 4 assists is about his season average. Lin did his job tonight. As for playing better, that pretty much applies to everyone.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I tell you what... I will take a healthy Parsons, Asik, Beverly and a 2/3 bench player worth a damn and you can have George Karl, Rick Adelman or whatever retread head coach you want.