1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket player STATs Review upto 1.1.2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Looking at this stats, I got a feeling that Lin and Bev is put in a scenario to maximize their effectiveness/ limiting turnovers. While Harden is used to cover more offensive burden.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nice thread!

Parsons looks like the most efficient Rocket.

3. adobo

adobo Member

Thanks for the stats. I think we can clearly see from these, that Lin is put on as 6th man to boost the bench as oppose that Beverley is a better player which you guys have been arguing for so long. It's about maximizing the strengths of the players, and Lin can really provide that offensive boost that is lacking in our bench

4. conquistador#11

my clyde analysis for the day:
    if we drove less, we'd average less turnovers a game. a lot of hands on balls when you go to the hole.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

These stats will be interesting to see as the season progresses. Lin is shooting well, but not like he was in NOV. We'll see if his downward trend continues.

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I don't understand how could Harden regressed this much?

7. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Harden had about 3 injuries foot related. His numbers dipped dramatically after the first one. His stats prior to the first injury were of Harden of old. On another note even prior to injury his euro step wasn't nearly as explosive as it was last year.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

damn you McHale...

9. AvgJoe

My mistake then. I didn't realize it counted player points. Btw, for the player points, does that include FTs led by the drive (and 1s or 2 FTs) or just the bucket itself?

10. TTNN

TTNN Member

That's the question I had too, but was not able to find a clear answer, so I assume it does include that. Thus I said the way I do the calculation is only an estimate, as that was not accurate, unfortunately, the player tracking system did not give that much detailed information.

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

What happens when a penetrating shooting guard plays with a bad ankle? He shoots more perimeter shots and their number of FGA in the paint goes down. When Harden finally gets healthy, his shot distribution will be back to normal like last season, and his 3 FG% should go up a bit.

12. AvgJoe

With all the arguments regarding which player is better starting than the other player base on "data". I'm surprised a quality thread like this showing actual data isn't sticky.

13. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

Is there a way to request that the thread be made sticky?

14. bws

bws Member

It just can't be discussed rationally at CF. Bev is the starter, the starting unit needs his defense and is way better with it. Lin is coming off the bench and Lin fans have to deal with it. He's not that good defensively. Talk about the team. This attitude comes from the administrator as he made that clear today.

15. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Yep. The administrator can easily control and set the tone for the forum. And well this is the tone they want to set. There are still good content that pops up from time to time, like this. And the forum is really up to date with information.

16. JBar

JBar Rookie

Best thread for a long time. Hats off to TTNN.:)

17. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Great job! This is some awesome work.

Please come to my work and make graphs and presentations this interesting.

18. tonman

tonman Member

another opinion.

19. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

This kind of quality won't come cheap... ;)

20. just a word

just a word Member

This is a great thread and I'm glad it hasnt degenerated. Keep up the good work op!