1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Inevitably Queer?

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

just got back from the game, and that was fun...expected a closer game than what vegas thought and it was...Beno totally messed up during the last 20 sec of the game. First with a bad loss ball foul on Aaron Brooks and missing a bunny at the rim. The Rockets were lucky that the Knicks didnt cash in on their open looks, bc they still played a relatively bad game and lucked out with a win and terrific team defense for that last 18 seconds!. Go Rockets.

3. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

JR just bad at math, and having a little problem with numbers once it get pass 10.:grin:

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed. Too many minutes in too many games....this means two things:
    1. Not developing bench players to help you win games.
    2. Bad bench....not going far.

5. pnr

pnr Member

What happened to the team that would blow teams out with Dwight looking dominant? When Harden has these huge games it seems we barely squeak out a win against crap teams. It seems the team is regressing in how they play.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I hope so. he needs to speak up

He didn't look happy on the bench when Greg Smith was playing in the 4th. As opposed to last time he was benched for D-Mo who played well. Greg played almost half the quarter and didn't do anything that great.;He was losing rebounds all over the place.

My guess is Dwight doesn't want to publicly say he wants more touches because of the way he left LA. you can tell he is frustrated when he isn't getting the ball in the post when he has two feet in the paint. Dwight will miss 2 bunnies and then that's it, no one want s to feed him anymore.except AB and TJ.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You'd prefer he call out Jeremy Lin and embarrass him the media? I don't think that would make the Lin fans any less irate.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

While the Lin groupies stand out here like a cat on a Christmas card, I really don't blame you. As I've said, McHale sees Lin as the player he cut, certainly not as the Linsanity player, and not someone who deserves a fair shake.

Lin plays poor D? Sit down.

Brooks plays poor D? Keep on playing.

9. SPBR

SPBR Member

He had the highest IQ of any player in the game tonight (Ineptitude Quotient).

10. Play07

Play07 Member

You're right everyone finally gets what the talk has been about this year & half

Rockets need to trade him and use that money somewhere else when bev comes back. It's no 6th man theory like some want to believe.

11. The Jabberwock

I also think D-Mo should get more minutes,
    but he didn't show much "ability to shoot" this season...
    He's dead LAST on the team in shooting from ALL ranges,
    He is 35.4% overall from the field, 12.5% for 3pt :(, and 52.6% from the line! (behind Howard!!)

Omri, on the other hand, is 6-7th on the team (even higher, per minute) in pretty much ALL indices and stats, so you're barking at the wrong tree.

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin on Harden's 27-pt 2nd half: &quot;That's what superstars do. They take over &amp; put their team on their back. We're lucky to have him.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/419322445972004864">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Play07

Play07 Member

If I was Lin I was speak up or ask for a trade plain and simple, he's going to continue getting treated like a lil bi%#% until that happens & stunt his growth as player he could be.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

The Knick announcers blamed the loss on horrible decisions by the Knicks at the end of the game. Beno should not have fouled Brooks with the game tied. A major stupid move. Brooks is an 80% free throw shoot. Beno was also not supposed to take the lst shot, but he did. JR made a major mistake. I'll take the win gladly,but we should have prevailed over the Kicks by a big margin. Coaching was very poor. No creativity.Mchale is a Johnny one note. He is certainly not a creative or complex thinker.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol, you remind me of JR Smith.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Dwight could not dominate Chandler and Bargnani tonight, including on rebounding. He made those two pressure packed FTs though in the endgame. AB was the one able to pass to Dwight down low. I think the Knicks have a good gameplan vs. Dwight.

Knicks also had the pick and roll going--Udrih and Anthony, Shumpert and Chandler etc. It was the reason Lin and AB were burned on those coverages. aside from Imam and Melo, the Knicks did not have a high percentage.

Bench did good work wiping out NYK's lead at the start of the 4th. Good defense from the Rockets on that last sequence, including putting TJones in to guard Shumpert. Mercifully even the basket cooperated on Udrih's last shot. Wheww!

17. SirKen

SirKen Member

This is why no one takes you seriously, lol.

Let's make some things clear:

- I am not Asian
    - I originally came to watch Omer Asik
    - I like Lin as a player although he can be boneheaded sometimes.
    - I just posted like 5 times backing McHale for taking Lin out in the 3rd and also criticized his ball watching in earlier.

Just wondering, are you the dumbass who left me a positive feedback that had the "we can check the post history, you know" part? You definitely need to work on your reading if that's the case.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Just what we need. Another player asking for a trade because he doesn't think he's being used properly by the coach.

19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin and Brooks played 28 and 20 minutes tonight, respectively. Given that we're still shorthanded at PG, and because we weren't playing against a serious contender, keeping Brooks in to even out the minutes was probably the reasoning behind it.

20. tonman

tonman Member

except that with all that good defense, the Rockets gave the Knicks two offensive rebounds that 1) would have gotten the game into OT if Smith didn't shoot it and 2) would've gotten the Knicks the tie if Udrih made the runner.

as I mentioned in another thread, there were some defensive laps but the Knicks only shot 41.6% for the game. maybe having another big man in the rotation is going to help the Rockets win games instead of pointing fingers. like the football analogy, if you give the QB time, no matter how good the defense is, a good QB will find the open receiver. well, if you keep giving the teams shots, they're going to make some. NY 89 FGA, Houston 74. I can't blame the wings/guards for this discrepancy. 17 offensive rebounds.