1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

this loss in on Pop for letting Belinelli take the last shots . . . quick someone get the Belinelli clutch statistics and we should debate if Pop needs to be fired for riding the hot hand....

2. nchan

nchan Member

See, even elite teams lose to crap teams. We will not always win against scrubs. Rockets fans act like it's the end of the world.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I saw a clutch shot by Belinelli in a top ten list earlier today when he was playing for Chicago, but it only one shot, maybe POP saw it.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets have lost 6 or 7 times to inferior talent and there is still 2/3 of the season to play.

5. pnr

pnr Member

I remember Bellinelli hitting some clutch shots in Chicago. He scored over 30 today and I think it was justified to give it to him on the final play.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The problem is the Rockets lose to lesser teams far too much. Great teams beat bad teams, that's how they get home court advantage in the playoffs check the stats on San Antonio, they can't beat good teams but because they kill all the bad one's they are top 3. The fans like me that were worried about the loss are the ones who realized we just dropped to 6th seed and we could possibly drop to 7 by tomorrow, the west is tough you can't take anything for granted.

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

True, but it seems to happen a lot more to the Rockets. The Spurs will lose to bad teams maybe 3-4 times a season. It's already happened to us at least 7 times.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Igoudala matches up extremely well with Lebron. I wish Morey realizes the importance of having good wing defenders.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Phoenix loss brings us back to 5th every game out is must win for us, The west is a dog fight.

10. pnr

pnr Member

That's what happens when you're a live by the 3 die by the 3 team with no defense to fall back on when the shots dont go in.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Rox have lost most of their games to bad teams, thats not good. There's really no excuse for the Rox ineptitude against bad teams. They should be embarrassed to keep using lack of effort as the same excuse over and over again. Teams are not going to be sharp every game but almost every game the Rox play a team they are perceived as better than, they come out flat as a pancake. No leadership.

12. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I couple of games is the difference between 5th and out of the playoffs. The West is so crowded.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yup, time for the guys to tighten those turnovers up, or were going fishin' early. Hopefully Minnesota doesn't wake up and keeps losing.

14. nchan

nchan Member

Oh damn! (now in panic mode).

15. nchan

nchan Member

Don't you talk that way about my Wolves. Rubio might be one of the worst pg to shoot a ball, but the Wolves play their games with control.

16. LAC

LAC Member

Tyson Chandler is soft when playing against Lin. If Lin wants, he can keep making layups.

And Iman Shumpert was just showcasing himself to the Spurs so I don't worry too much about him getting hot again unless Haren shows up.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I hope they lose every game and trade Rick and Love to Rocks for Asik and Mchale. You guys can have your trash coach back, lol.

18. timyeung

timyeung Member

Last time Lin try to blow by Chandler he got flagrantly fouled by an elbow in the face. I wouldn't exactly call that soft, lol. So what did Lin do? He went straight at the basket on his next play and got fouled again by Chandler.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah but, Tyson looked really sorry about it, lol.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

The question is, do you truly believe, objectively speaking, that the Rockets are on par with the Spurs and the Thunder in terms of eliteness?

I don't. I don't even believe that when we're 100% healthy, much less as injury plagued as we are so far. So wouldn't it be only natural we lose more times to inferior opponents?

I don't understand why fans are expecting this team to be held to such lofty standard as the Spurs this year. I thought our fan base is much more on the pessimist side than the optimist side.