1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Surprise for 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yellow, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

Link

I would love to see this happen. Chance of happening, probably 0.000001% but glad people are catching on to Harden's lazy ass.

1 person likes this.
  2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Ridiculous.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOL

Can't tell what is funnier, the fact that ESPN put it out there or that some idiots here will believe and hope for it.

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Clutch Fans is so bad sometimes -.-

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Morley will trade Howard.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO, Yeah Right. Harden is younger than Dwight, he has been given the keys. He will be here until he retires.

7. hamsession

hamsession Member

Who would take on Harden's max contract and the bad defense and ADD that comes with it? Hate to say it but Morley made his bed on this one.

8. SirKen

SirKen Member

I doubt it will happen.
    I don't think it should happen.

I think Harden is a key piece to Rockets formula and he has the talent to do big things. I think McHale should be let go and we should get another coach who could help with Harden "buying in" to the system. You guys remember comments from our players last year about "buying in" to the system right?

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why do you hate him so much?

10. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Kind of ironic coming from an apparent SF3 fan lol. Wasn't McGrady given the keys at one point too? I think its a bit premature for anyone to suggest Harden will be traded. However, if for some reason they deem that the H&H boys project to be a failure, at this point I would see Harden being the one let go before Howard. Harden could be the key to getting Durant though. Durant should be the Rockets #1 priority.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Morey will get a new coach to see if anything changes before he trades Harden. There's no way he's trading him after only 1.5 seasons.

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I'm not saying it happens all the time, but there are times when Harden hurts the team far more than helping it. I honestly think it all starts with a coach who will make him play defense (which will probably begin with reducing his minutes).

I like McHale, but before we trade Harden, we're gonna need a more strict coach to truly see where the problem lies.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

That. They'll try a new coach before they even dream about trading Harden.

14. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

You're trolling us, right?

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not unfathomable. Denver traded Melo. Yes, his expiring contract played a role, but look at how that team did just fine without him(at least in the regular season). I do think Morey and Les will exhaust all possibilities before deciding to ship Harden out, but let's put it this way. If a much better head coach were brought in(Karl, JVG, Hollins) and Harden still made bonehead plays and refused to put out any effort on the defensive end, what choice would the organization have?

16. RocketPowerNick

You can win a championship w/ Harden, just not with how the team is currently structured.

Howard is such a dominant player, it might be worth it to trade away a ball stopper/terrible defender.

I'm still a huge believer in Parsons, Bev, Lin, and of course D12 as key pieces to a ring. If we added a player like Josh Smith, how good could we be?

17. cw3k

cw3k Member

Never going to happen. Cluthch fans are paid to see Heroball.

1 person likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

More likely that Maurey would trade other players for some who will help mask Harden's deficiencies on D. He's definitely not going to trade a transcendent offensive talent like Harden.

19. conquistador#11

damn it, he is been in the office working his arse off for almost 6 years now. Can we spell daryl murray's name correctly please!

teen wolf is bad but I haven't lost all hope that he will get it and be that top 4 player I'd thought he'd be when we acquired him. Good to see media call him out, maybe it encourages to tweak his game. He compares himself to manu, one thing you can always count on manu for was energy and hustle on d and great thespian work. Harden should try being a thespian on the defensive end. It could be a lot of fun.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The only way I see it happening this season is if the Rockets HAD to choose between Dwight and Harden...and another team offered a TOP 3 Draft pick for Harden.

Both of those things happen then it is reasonable that maybe the Rockets would choose Dwight over Harden and move on...

But I think both things are highly unlikely...no team is trading that top 3 pick in this years draft...maybe for Durant/Lebron but that is it.