1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/31/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2013.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

that charge by harden i believe was when lin was wide open for a 3...just that one extra pass ...

2. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I felt the same way. He just knew he was feeling it and it was f' the playbook time.

3. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I thought Dwight got everyone a Rolex...

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He got Harden a different kind of watch.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Lin has played better in my opinion, but I will glad to have Beverley back. I hope he comes off of the bench instead of starting. I think the more Lin plays with the starters the better the team will be, they just need to get used to playing together.

6. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From footwearfoot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DSM20m4Q7VU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Just watched Parsons' post-game interview and there's no doubt that he is the team's true leader. Parsons needs to call a player meeting to work out the problem on individual defense and sticky balls (playing unselfish defense and offense).

8. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

You're only a leader if people follow.

And there aint no sign any of the Rox players are following Parsons let alone listening to him.

9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

in b4 NBA.com is accused of being run by LOFs for making such comment about James.

10. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

JH isn't as good as many people thought he is/was. I don't know what his problem is. All he seems to want to do is wait for the ball and then try to put up points. No passion, emotion, leadership, or effort on defense. And soon he's going to be a 5-assist/4-turnover per-game player. He also doesn't have the ability to control/change the pace of a game.

Good thing he can get to the free throw line. He might be worse of a chucker than Carmelo if he couldn't.

11. Oracle

Oracle Member

??? Did you see the game? In the 3rd Q they brought the team back to leading the game. Only Casspi and Parsons got positive +/- (+2). You got to understand that with a 8 player rotation, there will be 2 starters on the floor at any given time.

Casspi was playing with excellent energy. He was everywhere (like the announcers also noticed). All ready in OKC their announcers were wondering why Casspi does not get more minutes. I'm not worried about that, because McHale sees the big picture. Nevertheless, Casspi simply got the team moving. Garcia wasn't too bad either. The team was leading the ballgame when the bench checked out.

This loss had nothing to do with the bench. Without the bench, the loss would have been much bigger.

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Don't throw Melo under the bus.

Harden is a way worse chucker, moreover, Harden is a McHale approved chucker.

numbers like 7 of 27 (42min played) should never happen but are quite probable with the McHale / Harden combo.

13. Crossoverth

Crossoverth Member

Harden after a bad showing, okc game,wants to get lot points to show he can play like a superstar

But this is what happens when you are not and is trying too hard to be.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Glad I've missed the last couple of games.

Losing to the kings? Lol.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I said this after the thunders game but people were blaming it schedule. No this team has deeper issues. No real playmaker with a bun
    H of comb guards pretending to be PG's and no backup center, not one defensive minded forward out there.

16. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

JH is younger so we kinda have to criticize him and pray he gets better. If him and Melo were the same age, Melo would definitely be the better choice, even with the least amount of referee calls for a top-10 player

we all knew the Rockets needed time to gel. But gelling isn't even the issue. It's a lack of leadership and effort. Lose, put on headphones, go home, use twitter before bed. Some players are fine with being "good enough"

I don't think DH is the issue. He's at least trying out there.

A combo of one of: DH/KLove/Anthony Davis and one of Cp3/Paul George/Melo/Russell WB would probably be better than what we're watching right now. I don't even like Stephen Curry, but he might be a good choice too. Didn't expect that coming into the season.

17. The Jabberwock

Bench guys really haven't been stellar, to say the least,
    but I think they were not that far behind the starters.
    Note that last 2 games were NOT lost by the bench.

1. For instance - I believe that PER MINUTE Casspi's contribution tonight was actually EQUAL OR BETTER
    Compared to that of Parsons, Jones, Howard & Lin.
    It was a bit weaker for Brooks and Garcia, but not by much.

2. If Omri is meant to throw 3-pointers, and he made his 1st and only one tonight, shouldn't the team help him get more looks? No one else, except Harden, was hitting them tonight.

3. Is the 8-men rotation really wise? Shouldn't we be better off with an extra player or two (D-Mo? Canaan?), if only for some test-minutes to see how they perform?

So YES, the bench needs to play better, but they should also simply get more MINUTES. And PLAYS

How else would they improve? :confused:
    How else would we rest our starters? :confused:

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This dude pretending to be a rockets fan.

19. ERC

ERC Member

Yes, that was exactly my point. I was just being sarcastic in my post.

I think it isn't fair to Lin/Bev/AB when people say PGs from other teams (Dragic, Parker, Curry, etc.) put up better stats than ours. Our PGs aren't "true" PG when Harden's on the floor. It's a shame, cuz I feel Harden actually plays better when Lin pushes pace and does the playmaking.

20. ERC

ERC Member

We have guys out on injury. Once we get Asik, Smith and Beverley back, things will be better. :)