1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree with you, you're right about the sample size. I should have said, the past three games Lin is playing better D than Bev was. I don't want to come across like I'm bashing Bev because I really like him on the Rockets, and I like what he brings to the floor and his heart. I just think that it is easy to see that Lin should be the starter.

2. adobo

adobo Member

If Lin plays defense like this on a consistent basis and also consistently contribute and plays well with Harden offensively (especially on the 4th qtr) and the team keeps winning then absolutley he should start. That is not even going to be a question. However, he needs to show this consistency in the next couple of weeks.

Regarding the team's weak bench...it will get a major boost when Asik is back and healthy and also PBev.

3. pacmania

pacmania Member

Please watch this video before you say Tony Parker or the other pointguards shut themselves down. You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QIhe_0Cr69M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. langal

langal Contributing Member

Repped. Parker, Conley, and Holiday are scrubs anyways... Lin sucks at defense. I know this because Steven A Smith said so. These fanboys are pathetic.

1 person likes this.
  5. langal

langal Contributing Member

please keep your stats and highlights off this site. Since when is video and math considered evidence?

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Please read and understand my statement before you respond with a video trying to validate a claim. I clearly said OTHER than torny parker.

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

15 ppg 8 apg 4 rpg 1.67 spg this season = Sucks???

stop reading after you typed sucks

8. pnr

pnr Member

Parker scored 23 points against Dallas the very next night btw and the Spurs blew out the Mavs in that game.

9. Solaris

Solaris Member

TOs are not all equal. Morey said in interviews he is mostly fine with Harden and Lin's TOs, its just something the Rockets need to live with because that comes with being aggressive driving to the paint. Both Harden and Lin are top fg% and points per attempts per drive, among ALL nba players.

10. webattorney

webattorney Member

response

If Lin shuts down opposing PGs consistently, he should be a max K player.

11. tonman

tonman Member

He needs to show consistency or else what? We put Beverly in to improve offensive efficiency???

If you are talking defense, perhaps the whole team needs to show more defensive consistency or are u saying only the PG spot needs to be good defensively?

12. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

have the best 5 players start and end the game and stagger their minute to lead the bench is the basic of basic of a basketball coach need to learn before coaching a 60m team.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What has McHale said in interviews?

14. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Small sample for lin new impressive D powers . It's a good start though.

15. pacmania

pacmania Member

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is identity politics and holy war for some of these fans. You will get no such concession.

Besides, the low ratio just puts him in Kyrie Irving's class. ;)

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/p...rnoverRatio/position/point-guards/order/false

17. tonman

tonman Member

If his turnovers are the reason the rockets lose games then all rockets fans would have to admit. But the facts are if he is aggressive he will turn the ball over but he will also benefit the team offensively. If the positives outweigh the negative then u need to quit with the turnover issue. It is something for him to work on but not. Reason why the rockets are losing games.

18. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Simply listen to what Pelican's coach said today:
    http://tinyurl.com/pupmwew

New Orleans coach Monty Williams knew headed into Sunday night’s game against the Rockets that his team would be challenged by Rockets’ star players James Harden and Dwight Howard.

He said he was more worried about a couple others, though.

“Everybody talks about Harden and Howard, rightfully so,” Williams said. “Those guys are all stars and will probably get to the hall of fame. But Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons are the ones that bother me because people don’t respect those guys enough.

Williams said that preparing for Parsons and Lin, as well as some of the Rockets bench players are a challenging task for opposing teams.

“Parsons is one of the better small forwards in the league,” he said. “He really does it on both ends. And Lin, you look at his production, how he attacks the basket, how he shoots. he is a tough player. They have a number of guys you have to pay attention to.”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must be confused because I saw so many fans sounds like Steven A. Smith here while other coach had different views
    :confused:

1 person likes this.
  19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree, I think Mchale is very bad at substitutions. Many times he will have to many bench players on the floor, I think it should be a better mix of starters with bench players.

20. adobo

adobo Member

OR there will always be justification to start beverley over Lin as what this GARM have been arguing about since late last season.

However, if Lin can produce the type of defence and continue to have the same production offensively which he has shown in the last 3 games AND (this is the big one) if the team can show that it can consistently win even over teams we should beat (which was an issue when Lin was not starting) then the argument would be surely dead including this thread.