1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to take the Trailblazers seriously?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carmenjello, Dec 4, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

So you only like Portland over LAC and maybe Houston?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We don't know how teams will look at the end of the season, but I'll play along. I agree with you the Blazers will slip, but the only team I can't see them beating in the playoffs is OKC. IMO, they can definitely win 4 games from the Rockets, Clippers or Spurs.

If the Rockets trade Asik and get a key player in return, maybe the Rockets go to the next level. To be determined.

3. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

ya :/ i dont trust McHale i am more of a Rick Adelman fan

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Coaching is a concern to me come playoff time for the Rox, but I think Harden and Howard would eventually wear the Blazers out in a series. They really haven't slowed down either one of them this year.

5. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

ya when that guy posted that reddit post about how the players dont respect Mchale and how they just yell at Lin it makes me question if Mchale is the right guy to get us to the ship and win it

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like in my reply to KingSamJack, they haven't really come close to containing the Howard and Harden. Rox dominated them the first time they played them and the second time could have won with a few more plays and both games were on their home court.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

And you actually believed that? LOL

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Blazers have had a cupcake schedule, they got the Clips tonight on their 2nd night of a back to back. Now, they will get Miami and then OKC on the 2nd night of their back to back. I see two losses in their immediate future. In January they get to do the Texas three step and play Dallas, San Antonio and our Rockets in a 4 night span in Texas. They will lose 2 out of three of those games, at least.

They schedule they have had has been cupcake, the hard games for them have been at home, and most of them have been on the 2nd night of back to backs for the away team.

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

yeah, it is insane how many of their games against good teams have been b2b for the opposition. ontop of that they have the 2nd easiest schedule in the west.

i'm willing to concede they could sway me, but at the moment...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/0x2HzpIHo-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Portland is a good team, but they shoot too many mid range jumpers. That won't bode well for them in a 7 game series.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

It is not their offense. They have the best offense in the league.

It is the 22nd ranked defense.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Teams stacked this way traditionally don't go far in the playoffs regardless of their regular season records.

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

With that defense??? They won't get past second round, maybe even bounced out in first round.

14. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

blazers up on the heat right now

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Heat on a 2nd night of a back to back after an OT on the road last night, on the road tonight against the rested Blazers, plus no Lebron after he hurt himself last night.

Why does it feel like 99% of their national TV games have been at home btw?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure they are the Top 5 team but one thing is for sure.

They know how to take care of business against lesser teams and mediocre teams. Rockets can learn from that.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

There's only a problem with midrange shots if the player who shoots it is very inefficient at it. That is the case for most players in the league today as the midrange shot has become a lost art.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they play good basketball, they have virtually no injuries (healthy and durable)
    they don't seem to lose games

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Blazers with a good 4th qt :/

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

What a shot by Chris bosh!