1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets and Nets talked last week about Asik and Lin (12/21/2013)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Dec 21, 2013.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Rather have KG - you know he would scream his ass off @ Harden, Lin and co for falling asleep on defense! The mentor we need!

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

NO NO AND NOOOOOOOOOO....

Morey is doesnt want any of that brooklyn trash here in Houston, and neither do any sane Rockets fans that follow the team.

The clear 3rd that Rockets are seeking are LOVE and LMA, and thats why DM has positioned us to be free and flexible 2015 comes around. He isnt taking on $100 contract of come almost washed up PG that cant even stay on the court. This his thread just die here lol.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

hahaha, minus 10 wins for Rockets

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

The report I read said that the Rockets were just doing due diligence, and it sounded as if they told the Nets that if there was anybody that could pique their interest, it'd be Deron Williams.

It makes sense since the Nets don't have anybody else of value. Lopez is good, but the Rockets have already gone all-in on Howard.

6. swattx

swattx Member

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Deron just doesn't look the same. He needs to get leaner.

Pass. Contract is ugly.

Love. LMA. Lebron. Bigger picture.

8. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I'd rather take Dragic's contract and talent over DWill. If we make this trade, how dumb would Morey look for letting Dragic go over that 4th year option? DWill, on his best days, which are far and few, is not better than Dragic.

9. Yellow

Yellow Member

How lucky are we that over the years we managed to avoid the following contracts and players who are just not the same: D-will, Melo, Amare, Pau, Nene and probably many others.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am with you on this one. It would actually be a great move on our part if somehow we got KG to the Rockets. I know he is old, but with his contract expiring in 2015, I think he would be a good move. Plus he would give us the spacing that we need in our frontcourt and his veteran presence would be much welcomed in our team.

I think Omer/Smith for KG would be a good trade for both teams.

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

An update per Berger:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer...se-looming-wolves-between-rock-and-hard-place

12. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

I wouldn't mind having KG's veteran presence on this team not to mention reuniting with coach.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Bet the call was about Asik for Garnett.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Garnett, Lopez or Blatche are interesting

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They are interesting alright.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQiSnsr9Kt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

but trading for them isn't very interesting at all.

-Garnett- Should have retired this past Summer(I'd enjoy him being a Rocket, but not sure he can contribute much anymore).
    -Blatche- Triple double machine, Arenas gun buddy, and sexual solicitation.... very interesting guy.... not so much someone I want in the locker room with a bunch of young players & Dwight
    -Brook Lopez- Awesome player, but would backup Dwight on a max contract, and has feet made of glass & out for the year.... hmmmm.....

Interesting is one word to describe these guys alright....

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

^^^I think Lopez is interesting as a potential piece to send to a tanking team in a three team trade.

Lopez when healthy is really good and he's now had the surgery that saved Ilgauskas' career. Tanking teams (in need of a center) do not want Asik this year, because Asik would help them win. The Nets window to win according to Billy King is one year: this year. So.... Asik (+ Lin) to the Nets, Lopez to a tanking team, that tanking team's asset(s) to the Rockets might make some sense.

#236 HMMMHMM, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  17. langal

langal Contributing Member

No to Deron Williams. Upgrade over Lin no doubt but not worth the headaches. (contract/injuries/etc.)

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe... I just have a hard time seeing a team that would say man we are just missing a center.... next year. Most GM's on tanking teams are probably losing their jobs this Summer anyways besides Ainge and Hinkie... who would probably be the only Gm's in the league who would think forward enough to actually consider this type of deal.

If you look at it, Lopez's deal is for two more years after this one. So maybe Philly & Hinkie do a Thad Young for Lopez swap with Asik going back to the Nets... but I would think that Hinkie would probably get some flack from ownership about this deal. Just seems to be too many question marks for both teams to make that kind of deal.

The Celtics.... They have the Humphries expiring and tons of good picks to trade for Lopez with Asik going to the Nets, but I dunno... I'm not sold yet on a deal with Lopez going to a 3rd team.

I guess the one thing to look at would be, could the Rockets have traded Yao when he started having his foot issues back in I think it was 2008 when he had his first surgery. I knew there were some rumors back around the time right that Summer after McGrady had his micro-fracture surgery & Yao went down in the playoffs against the Lakers, but nothing ever materialized. You'd have to think that if the Rockets couldn't trade Yao for anything of value than the Nets would probably have a hard time getting a Lopez deal together... but than again.... Does Asik really have that much value right now anyways???

#238 dobro1229, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A healthy Deron Williams would be great for Asik/Lin. Good trade for both teams.

Too bad he's chronically injured this year.

20. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Instead of talking to the nets we should talk to the warriors. If morey is serious about contending then he'll trade harden for harrison barnes and david lee, then sign royce white for depth.

Lin/beverley
    Barnes/brooks
    Parsons/white
    Lee/Jones
    Dwight/asik