1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let us get a few things through our heads:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Dec 21, 2013.

1. bmd

bmd Member

jtr is a known Jones hater.

Nothing to see here.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Howard is our best player.

3. Wooglin

Wooglin Member

Jones has also dealing with a sprained thumb on his shooting hand, but it's unrealistic to expect the production he had earlier in the year on a nightly basis. He's essentially a rookie since he played so little last year. He deserves patience

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Looks like a possible train wreck. We shall see.

[​IMG]

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, if you exceed your fair amount of negative posting then you are going against the team and the lineup.

You don't want to gradually hating on the team that Jones is a part of.
    :)

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Oh. Wait. That did not include the absolutely sterling performance agains the Pistons. 8 points and 2 rebound. Perfect. Fits right into the pattern.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You can't just write the book on Terrence Jones like that. He's 21 years old and has like 40 games played total. He wasn't playing poorly because the league somehow "adapted" to him. He just had a bunch of shots that he could have made and ended up not making. His timing is off. He'll come back. He made a couple of stupid decisions handling the basketball, but so did Parsons. Everybody's young and will get better as the year progresses.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The funny part is you choose a bad timing telling this stuff. We have no other PFs lining up for us.

We don't have Amir Johnson, we don't have Millsap, we don't Jordan Hill, we don't have Monroe, we don't have Ryan Anderson, the list goes on

and James Johnson has been ripped from our hands.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Of course I can. I post an opinion, people disagree, I post hard evidence supporting my position and then no one has any response other than their own unsupported opinion. He is beginning to be savaged by opposing power forwards and it only gets more difficult from here on out. Am I beginning to burst the Jones euphoria? I hope I am.

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

You could argue to an EXTENT that tjones is a bigger liability on defence compared to harden recentlty

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Of course I can. And I already have the stats uploaded to the web. Here are Harden's defensive stats this season. It just goes to show how fans lying eye tests stupendously fail.

[​IMG]

12. bmd

bmd Member

jtr also loves Motiejunas.

And Motiejunas is hot garbage.

I think at least part of his Jones hate comes from the fact that he's getting minutes over Motiejunas.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think its a lot closer than you think. Both are more polished offensive players ....
    Hibbert is a monster with a solid offensive game who's team doesn't have to run thru him. I think Indy could go to Hibbert a whole lot more than they do .... his offensive numbers are deceptive.

Brook Lopez was having a hell of a season until this most recent injury.

Howard is a better rebounder than either but both shoot much better from the stripe and defensively their game impact is fairly comparable..

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I absolutely do not question the coaches playing time decisions during the season. However I relentlessly pursue quantitative analysis of player performance. And your point was?

15. bmd

bmd Member

My point is that you have an agenda.

You use different statistics as a way to try to support your bias instead of looking at it objectively and drawing an honest conclusion.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

then why don't you talk about his stats when he was playing the best basketball of this season?

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Honestly my totally unsupported opinion is that neither Hibbert nor Lopez could put their team on their back like Howard did tonight. The Rockets were crippled with injuries tonight and Howard carried them. Shades of his time in Orlando.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because I just addressed the issue. And he certainly has not been playing good basketball for the last 6 games.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

there is a certain lineup he is comfortable playing in.
    Why don't you look into that and conclude that the starting lineup is changing due to injuries and other issues.

Players coming back and getting injured from game to game.
    McHale-Sampson-McHale rotation

And maybe that is the reason Jones and the team is not clicking in your 6 game interval?

20. treeman

treeman Member

How is it that players can play through the flu - which tends to pretty much lay most people out for a few days, and kills a few others - but someone with a "thigh contusion" (aka, a bruise) can't set foot on the court for a few weeks?

Riddle me that.