1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. bws

bws Member

Yes, because I lived through Linsanity but also Lin falling back to Earth with the losing streak that followed and then Woodson taking over and him changing Lin's role. I saw the Miami game and the Rondo schooling of Lin too. I know the magic and buzz he created in the Garden and after when Lin struggled some people then wanting Barron Davis to start over him. But I know that Lin can really set up big men. Dream wanted that Howard-Lin tandem and so did Dwight. I think secretly, Dwight wants to play with Lin and loves his game. It's just McHale doesn't value creative but mistake-prone point guards. McHale is a heck of a good guy but as a coach, I don't love him.

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

3. kastuul

kastuul Member

No team would put their best playmaker to the bench.

4. ERC

ERC Member

Actually it's more than one game.

So far this season, Beverley has 2 games with 0 assist and 5 games with only 1, while averaging 32min.

Lin had no 0-assist game and only two 1-assist game while averaging 28min. The 2 games were his 31p game against Toronto and the Hawks game where he only played 4min before bumping knees with Millsap.

Love PB's defense, energy, rebounding, and hustle, but Lin IMO is the better playmaker between the two.

5. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

He did not say the two superstars play the same position.

He said the two superstars who play the same position as the other two players who have poison pill contracts.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Cool.. I got his point, so I did not reply....

7. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Hell, with those numbers, I could take Lin's job away under Mchale. LOL.

8. RocketPowerNick

This.

9. dantian

dantian Member

Exactly. A real coach like Sloan and Pop and a few others would get much more out of the great pool of talent that's the Houston Rockets.

10. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

People still think Beverly is a starting calibre point guard? Where was his GOAT defence tonight?

Man if people had this kind of lattitude with Lin last season they were labelled LOFs.

Ego is a terrible thing.

Trade Asik/Lin/Bev for a decent PG that McHale's ego will stomach starting please.

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Lin and Asik for Kobe. Get er done Morey!

12. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Beverly, at his very best is a tolerable sufferance at PG. At his worst, which is most of the time, he's worse than Moochie Norris and Matt Maloney combined.

13. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

It's shocking the amount of so called 'True Rockets fans' will defend this guy to the hilt and pretend like his terrible play isn't a big problem. When your starting point guard contributes nothing offensively and plays inconsistent defence getting repeatedly lit up by nobodies then you have a problem.

But yeah there is no such thing as a Lin Hater. All these Tony Douglas, Shaun Livingston, Scott Macahdo and Patrick Beverly supporters are true rockets fans.

Seriously either start Lin and give him 36 minutes to play through his mistakes, the same kind of lattitude you give Beverly night in night out. Or trade him for PG you will start because Beverly is proving every day that he is a 20-25 min pergame backup right now.

2 people like this.
  14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

You must be talking about Mchale. He tried to do this last year with Toney Douglas, starting in the Portland game. They've been trying to bench Lin since last year.

15. Vrazz

Vrazz Contributing Member

I try to stay out of this Lin vs Bev debate. But it's painfully obvious Bev shouldn't be starting. He is much more effective coming off the bench. Last night he looked literally lost.

I'm so upset with McHale's lets see what happens when I start these guys mentality... I stand by if he would've just put Howard with TJ, CP, JH, and JL we would have a much better record, and would have alot better chemistry out there right now.

1 person likes this.
  16. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Man I don't care about Lin anymore. I want him gone from this team. Hes just fifteen million burning a hole on the bench next season. I also want Mchale gone but that's a different thread.

But Beverly really should not be starting. I cant imagine Lin playing like Beverly and still getting minutes on this team.

17. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Sometimes I wonder if McHale's ego is more important to him than getting the rockets to be the best they can? But surely a loss like last night must be a blow to his ego too? Or maybe his ego is so big that he can't see his boneheaded move is hurting the Rockets.

Because if he is truly convinced, heart and soul that Beverly should stay as the starter then I don't think there's any hope.

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I want Lin out too. It's so odd the things Mchale would do to try and bench Lin. Bev did absolutely nothing to earn the starting job away from Lin.

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Lin would be great on the current crazy-ass Lakers team. Too bad Morey's "clever" contract makes him untradeable.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

The Rockets need Lin bad, he doesn't need to be traded. A couple of games ago in the post game interview Harden was saying how this team needs to run. Running and getting to the basket is what Lin is great at, he can really get the offense going.