1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Not an upgrade, I'd rather have Chalmers. But Chalmers is an expiring and Beverley is a on a very nice 2 year contract. So as assets, I think they have to be comparable at least.

General thoughts re the trade:

Heat 2014 pick can't be traded, it would have to be 2017 or later.

Philly 2014-15 pick will likely never materialize. That pick turns into two 2nd rounders if Philly doesn't make the playoffs one of these years, and Sam Hinkie is not in a hurry.

Joel Anthony is a bad contract.

Again, Chalmers and Beverley are a wash or a win for Miami because of contracts.

So essentially, Miami trades a 1st, some 2nd rounders and a bad contract for Asik. It's better than nothing but Miami clearly wins this trade.

Of course, what if that 2017+ pick is unprotected... then you don't know how that turns out. But that's probably moot, Pat Riley would have some protections on it.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Who is Prison I?

This deal looks worse (for the Knicks) than the Raptors one that Dolan reportedly vetoed. The Raptors supposedly agreed to give Lowry for Felton's bad contract and one of [Shumpert, Hardaway, pick).

As for the Bobcats, they seem to get Asik for free here.

Btw, I don't love the idea of Asik and Jefferson paired together. Jefferson should be paired with an athletic 4 who can defend other 4s and stretch the floor.
    But of course if they get Asik for free, they have to take him. Then they could just move him to another team.

3. craguin

craguin Member

Miami's future 1st round obligation to Cleveland should fulfill in 2015; why can't they (MIA) trade their own 2014 1st round pick?

2015 first round draft pick to Cleveland
    Miami's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-10 in 2015 or 1-10 in 2016 or unprotected in 2017 [Cleveland-Miami, 7/9/2010]

If Morey can't get two 1st rounders for Asik today, I doubt Pat Riley would offer more.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

DMo + Eurostash for Shumpert.

5. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Asik, Dmo, Beverly for Bledose, Frye,

Phoenix gets a stud center.. and don't loose Bledsoe for nothing

Bledsoe
    Harden
    Parsons
    Jones/Frye
    Howard

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's the so-called "Stepien rule." It forbids trading picks in consecutive future years. Since the Heat has no 1st round picks in 2015, they can't trade 2014 and 2016 picks.

1 person likes this.
  7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Knicks want to win, not eurostash. If they trade Shumpert, it's for a win-now player.

A bit off topic, I wonder what's Dmo value these days. This year and next year guaranteed. Is he an asset? Neutral piece? Negative value? Negative to some teams, neutral to others?

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Prigioni. Auto correct on the phone changed it.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Shumpert also wants out, so they can move him, and bring in another "big shooter" - Eurostash helps them in the off-season. They never seem to have problems bringing over a Euro - and we have some that might appeal.

On DMo - I think he has "potential" value at the moment. He's a mobile 7 footer who has range and post moves. It's worth it for some team to give him a chance.

As long as Jones keeps producing, teams will look at DMo as "unlucky to be stuck behind a talent" rather than "soft and not able to fit in the flow of the game"

The time is right for us to move him IMO.

10. King901

King901 Member

They can get so much more for Bledsoe than that...

11. moose

moose Member

Is Harden really untouchable on this team?

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

nobody is untouchable... a trade possibility may be limited to half dozen players...unlikely... but not untouchable....

13. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Package Harden and Asik and we might get Melo

14. Blaushark

Blaushark Member

Dear santa....I believe I've been good this year, could I kindly ask for good point guards for my Christmas presents......pleaseeee.... thanks santa..

15. basketballholic

The trade this team needs right now is Jeremy Lin and Ronnie Brewer for Ersan Ilyasova and Luke Ridnour. Get Ilyasova in here, turn him loose as the starting 4, and let him buddy up with Omer and get Omer playing positively for us.

A big man rotation of Dwight/Omer/Ilyasova at the 4/5 spots is a championship worthy big man rotation.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets need a floor general. Harden is not that guy.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Stick to quoting jake and leave making trades to Murray

18. Blaushark

Blaushark Member

Thats the reason Im asking for nice PG's. A play maker, a general, someone who can control the tempo, stabilises the team.

4 all stars on the floor will not succeed without the right play. That in my opinion Is the duty of a PG... calling the plays. We are lacking that...

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

our team badly needs a trade right now..

20. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Lin and Asik for Kobe.