1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers need to pick a direction and tank

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I guess OKC is the model all small town franchises are trying to follow - and while they continue to be a strong regular season team after trading Harden, they could use some $$$ for playoff depth. Indiana is another team that is doing great, but their current management has been a cut above.

The rest don't inspire confidence in me at all. One of the best things about Kobe was watching him play as a kid without inhibitions on a big stage. Not floundering around in obscurity for a decade before he could compete.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

NBA fan or not, anytime you lose a legend to injuries or potentially his career being over, it's sad. No matter how much you hate the team or player. Always appreciate greatness.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On a forum dedicated to the Houston Rockets, the OP described the Lakers as "one of the NBA's most beloved teams" and didn't even mention Kobe. Just thought I'd mention their misery was my great pleasure.

Specifically regarding Kobe, my feelings about him are longstanding, very deep but do not include hatred. I've never denied his greatness as a player, his incredible work ethic & dedication to basketball and what he's brought to the NBA for a very long time. But post-achilles injury, it's clear he is a shell of himself and no longer a great player. I was sad when Kobe was first injured, but it's been long enough now that I've turned the page and moved on from it.

The cherry on top is the Lakers have to pay him $48 million dollars regardless of production. That is a good thing.

4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They should trade their next 2 first round picks to get to .500.

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

Was about to come in and make a fuss but then saw the OP's name.

[​IMG]

6. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Screw the Lakers. It's not even that I don't care what happens to them. It actually brings me joy to see them crumble and fail.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Looks like it's finally the Clipper's time to shine..?? Can that be possible?