1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This should be Doc Rockets response to these kids.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MKhUZ5kOagk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

He's still pissed that Hakeem bucked up to him after throwing the Ball at Elie's face.

3. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

You guys are cannibalizing each other.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

False. He made 25M playing limited mins. He showed he could produce when given minutes.

If he played his butt off for even 20 mins a game, he could have been traded and/or he would still get another good contract.

5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure why you guys think Asik's value will drop. I feel like it's the opposite...as teams get closer to the trade deadline there will be a better grip on draft position/what teams are disappointing their ownerships. There's way more pressure to make a deal in February for struggling teams trying to make the playoffs (Bobcats, Bucks etc.) than there is now.

1 person likes this.
  6. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

The media HATES Houston for some reason and if you cannot see that you are blind. The reason other team forums saw the Rockets as frontrunners is because it was logical. The Rockets had the best situation for Howard to be in. The media never wanted to admit that Houston could or would get Howard. I dont consider Woj the "media", cause he was one of the only ones becuase he is an insider. I could go on and pull media reports but its not worth my time, every Houstonian knows it us vs the World. MLB and NBA front offices hate us and so do the media, and i am fine with it.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey's reputation, his word. That's something I take serious. The whole unnecessary scandal that we took today. The joke offers we received. I was feeling very patriotic behind Morey.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is business! It's not tea time in the ****ing courtyard!

9. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Soooooo time to contact the Kings??

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not really. It was a year after they signed Omer that they signed Dwight. It wasn't the next week or anything.

I'm very certain that Morey didn't tell Omer that he was going to be the only Rockets center ever in the future for the franchise. Maybe he did tell him that they are happy to have him as their franchise center moving forward, but nobody in the NBA should be promised or be NAIVE enough to believe that you cannot or would not be replaced with a better player later on down the line if it was an available option.

So Omer only has himself to blame for being NAIVE. If Lebron James became available tomorrow and Harden became subject to rumors in a trade, he shouldn't be surprised because nobody is un-replaceable in the NBA other than Lebron(best wing), Chris Paul (best point guard) and maybe Dwight Howard(best center) when he's right.

I have no problem with Morey telling Omer that he is their franchise center moving forward at that point, and I have no problem with Morey going after Dwight. Its time to grow up Omer.

-Also if Omer really wanted to secure his spot moving forward as the franchise center... how about improve your game to make it an easy decision to not upgrade. Make it debatable at least as to who is the better center. Omer was great on the defensive end last year, and improved slightly on the offensive end, but this whole situation tells me that Omer has no idea how completely terrible he is at certain aspects of his game.

At the end of the day it was a no brainer for the Rockets to upgrade to Dwight. Omer's deficiencies made that a very easy decision to make when Howard became a truly free agent. If I just went through the drive at Chick Fil A and someone calls and says they have a free dinner for me waiting at Vic and Anthony's its a no-brainer for me to ditch the chicken sandwich and go get a Lobster tail & Scotch on the rocks.

#4870 dobro1229, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  11. supa

supa Contributing Member

And while they both have the right to request the trade, Asik's demeanor is downright ridiculous. He and Lin both need to remember we offered them more money than any other team by a good amount.

Remember Morey was ridiculed by many in the media for offering those contracts. If Asik had not signed he would be making around $5Mil as a backup for the Bulls still, because they would have matched any other offer. Same for Lin, he would be locked into NY at around $5Mil. And both would have been under contract for an additional year. That's one less year until they hit the free agent market.

So while they can both demand a trade, Asik's behavior currently is absurd.

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Morey made no promise to take the best crap deal available.

No doubt he would have taken the best acceptable deal available, and he did, namely none.

13. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Most GM knows what Asik is capable of given the performance from last year. The thing is, knowing how unhappy Asik was, Morey should have traded him after signing DH instead of waiting until after the Twin Tower experiment which failed and gave him even less leverage. He is taking a big risk that an other team will come around Feb to make a deal happen.

14. BeardlyBeardman

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dork Elvis wanted Jacoby AND Rembert for Omer Asik -- he's out of his mind.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/statuses/413758763850809345">December 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

That's not really a fair contrast considering that one plays a whole lot more minutes than the other.

16. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

True but it also shows that all this ''the organisation did everything to please him and he quit on them'' talks were bs imo.

Right now he has to consider whats more important for him, to earn some bucks by not playing and retiring/moving to europe etc. or sucking it up (rightful or not) and start playing.

Oh and btw I don't believe, that he is the one not wanting to play right now, that was a rather normal standart procedure pre trade 'injury'

17. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Hope Morey fires back at this idiot

18. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

No matter how you look at it, you cannot deny what Omer can do on the court. His presence in the court, when D12 isn't in makes this team so much better in every way. And we even saw glimpses of that earlier on this season. It's crazy to trade a current player for a worse player (all of our trade possibilities). After all this, I think life has been put into perspective for Omer. Hoping he can learn to accept his very important role on this team. His presence is desperately needed with the second team. Only thing keeping this from working is some emotions and feelings...come on...its time to win.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

There's no reason to think that the Rockets could have got a good deal for Asik before the season.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They are friends