1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People are trying to pin the big L we took today on posters rather than morey. It baffles me.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What all did we take? Taking back Lee and Bass would have been a big L

Guess you think Morey shouldn't have signed Howard either.

3. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

I am not projecting my disappoinment on DocRocket. That was my friend and I know he is a big fan of DocRocket, personally i am too, it is really fun to decode his messages. He does no harm

4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Man....this deadline is like the debt ceiling, whats the point of having it if you are going to keep on postponing it?

5. BeardlyBeardman

What is that "L" again exactly?

6. tzou88

tzou88 Member

To fool people into thinking something was going to get done.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

When will you guys stop trolling Doc? NBA trades can change in a matter of seconds. If you choose not to believe, then don't. He nails a move we're going to do and you're all like "I'll never doubt you again!" Something doesn't come to fruition and you turn into Dan Scully. Get over it.

8. Grigori

Grigori Member

Trade value matters a whole lot more a year ago when we were still wheeling and dealing trying to put a real team together; basketball value matters a whole lot more now that we are have a realistic shot at contending for a championship.

Sure, Asik's trade value may be dropping as his contract ticks away, but unless we get incredible trade value (maybe) or equal basketball value (unlikely) in return, I say keep the basketball value of the team up and let his trade value drop all it wants.

Aside from that, trade value fluctuates a lot more wildly than basketball value and it's never a good idea to make a trade at a low point. Teams making offers on Asik's current trade value based on his trade request right now will leave sorely disappointed. Right now teams think Morey is desperate to trade Asik, so Asik's trade value is artificially deflated. That won't necessarily stay the case.

Teams may come to grip with the fact that the Rockets are not desperate to trade Asik, which will increase his trade value. If that doesn't happen, then no deal is even possible and all teams with lofty aspirations for Asik can forget about it. Even if it does happen, though, given the Rockets' current operating mode, a deal is unlikely, because Morey now has to be finicky on both trade and basketball value: Getting high trade value pieces back he can flip may not be enough now that he also has to worry about hurting the overall basketball value of the team too much.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Same as politicians. You can tell your constituents you tried.

Morey is telling Asik, he tried.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thing is, you joined the site after doc rocket had already made his fame on here.

Now, cyberx is a Young Turk. New School.

Saying cyberx is legit (and I believe he is) and doc rocket is not legit (but I believe he is) is like saying Maroon 5 is really good (I mostly agree) and Stevie Wonder is overrated (just plain flat-out wrong).

11. SexyButIgnorant

No, dude.The media hyped up Howard's conversations with Parsons, Harden. His dislike of LA. The more money he'd make here. The training with Dream and McHale. The only true contenders were either LA or Houston, simple as that. And it was extremely clear (or at least it was to me and others I talk to) that he wasn't going back to LA. There was a last minute fling of Golden State, but even then, that was a stretch.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Morey made up this deadline to make it look like they were actually complying with Asik's demands to be traded only to tell him later they tried but haven't found the right trade yet. Morey probably hoping that Asik will be less frustrated with his situation and just continue playing.

13. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

Well you guys must be the only ones who thought it was a sure deal then. Good job!

14. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

What's the big L we took today? If you know anything about Morey it's that he covets flexibility. The trade deadline set for today was to allow him to flip the incoming players if needed, thus preserving roster flexibility. If he didn't get an offer he liked, why is that a big L. We can still trade Asik

15. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I am glad Morey didn't take that garbage deal.

I just hope Asik can set his pride aside and be a professional and play at a high level and do what he gets paid to do.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol at people saying cheer for asik

pathetic

17. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Well there still until tomorrow, Maybe someone will call Morey and call his bluff :).. Never know

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The media did anything but hype houston up as a destination.

19. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

The following if true may justify Asik's temperament and unwillingness to work with HOU.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/12/celtics_rockets_trade_talks_not_so_hot

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah lol because he direct messaged me about Howard before it went down so I thought that was cool.

Plus he told me other things in dm that proved he has some connections. He's not on staff, so he hears things but doesn't mean what he heard will come true. But he is connected.

I mean people just need to think logically clutch himself said he talked to morey and morey said that he knew a trade would happen today and now it's not. But he could have said that, and looked like he was wrong.

Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean he didn't hear anything... These things are fluid. So minds can be changed until something is done it isn't done.