1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Its not that old, just a day old pimpn. And they are reporting what they heard. They didnt report any other rumor that was out there. But we all will see what it do sometime today.

2. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Tomorrow night, 10:59PM CST.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

And I would agree with him. But if that is the case then gather assets to flip for the missing pieces should be the main issue of this trade. Bass, Lee and the Clipper's 2015 pick have no real value and only mess up cap space for the longshot FA.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I agree. I think we overvalue all our players and Morey does this as well. Something tells me all these Asik rumors were manufactured by the Rockets to draw interest. But the reality is not many teams are giving up a star player for Omer.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Well today is the day

My guess is Milsap

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have mixed feelings about this. Asik has a lot of value in terms of defense which a lot of teams lack in the NBA. The problem I'm seeing just based on media reports is teams know Houston has to make a deal. I think if Morey can shed Asik's contract, pick up some additional solid front court help, and a draft pick is a positive. Asik hasn't done anything for this team all year.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The ROckets have never been known in the past to let things leak.

Thats actually one of their better attributes....most of the stuff that is out is coming from Boston sources(notice most of the updates that are out there is based off the various Boston Globe articles). Its either that or Asik's agent.

I would put money on the leaks not coming from this end.

oh, and btw guys.

Quit being douches to Mugsy, I havent seen anything he has said that warrants the crap some of yall are giving him. His opinion is just as valid as yalls, if not moreso because at least mugsy has been actually watching the players yall are talking about while most of yall are going off stats and assumptions from limited viewing of the Celtics....really, when was the last time most of yall even watched the Celtics?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Mugsy says Lee and Bass are solid that should be true.
    For real....those names are underwhelming as heck but still solidifying our bench

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Morey is going to make the trade tomorrow since the nba told him he has until the 20th morey will use every last second I hope not because I'm off today and work tomorrow but it's my gut feeling

10. Andrew Wiggins

I can't believe how much Omer was smiling last night. I don't believe he became this way overnight by himself. Either his girlfriend (who wants him to be a starter so he can get a bigger contract) and/or his agent told him to do this. His girl:
    [​IMG]

Oh, and get the **** out of Lin's ear bro!

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Underwhelming indeed. Solidifying our bench, not so much. I mean, we are losing Asik.

12. izeroi

izeroi Member

This is very true. If we can't get a big name (Millsap seems like the biggest name we have a possible chance at) then I'm ok with this trade. Keep Tjones as a starter at the 4 and have these new additions coming off the bench to give us some punch.

13. Andrew Wiggins

We know Lee's ceiling from his time here in Houston. Bass has been in the league for 8 years (2 of which he spent in Dallas). We know their games. We don't need some Boston fan to come in here and say he doesn't want Asik, Morey thinks he's Shaq while trying to sell how great Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee are. His motives are obvious.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Asik is a starter but not this season. He has been an underwhelming bench player but on this team he has no place among starters so there goes his value. Can't fault the market. Asik brought it to himself and he is being shipped to a lesser team.

15. bmd

bmd Member

That, plus there are so many more guards on Earth that it's easy to get beat out by one if you slip even a little bit.

Not many 7-footers, so you can last longer.

16. Andrew Wiggins

If we wanted to trade Lee today it would cost the Rockets a pick and some cash to get rid of his contract. If we wanted to trade Bass today it would cost the Rockets a pick. We are only receiving one late pick, but we're giving up the 3rd best defensive center and second best rebounder in the league.

Lee's salary
    2014 - $5,225,000
    2015 - $5,450,000
    2016 - $5,675,000

Bass' salary:
    2014 - $6,750,000
    2015 - $6,950,000

17. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

We went from talking about Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, and Ryan Anderson as possible targets for Asik centered trade packages to Bass, CLee, Hawes, and Thad.... Oh how the mighty trade hypothesis has fallen

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i thnk you mean your wish is milsap

19. Andrew Wiggins

Wow, you really thought we could get Love, or Aldridge? Those posters are annoying.

20. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

No, I didnt think that we could get those players, especially with the current success of those team. I did heard plenty of others talk about those trade possibilities though.