1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

You're the same guy believing a kid in Philly. But you are questioning the owner/operator of the site you feel obligated to consistently share the "gospel" words said kid puts on twitter?

C'mon.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

should read asking. I need to donate to get editing abilities. I make too many spelling mistakes/mental errors.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize Clutch is a credentialed media member with complete access to the team, right?

My advice is to just accept the source, and be thankful for the information. :rolleyes:

4. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Shhh that kid is legit :rolleyes:

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Keith Bogans wears number 4 on Boston just saying but I doubt moreys going after him

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Clutch is the source. It's all there in that tweet ... the league informed ... and Clutch reports it. What are we missing here?

7. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Dude this isn't about questioning clutch. Stop brown nosing!

I would think that all the media outlets and twitter feeds would be updating with this news with all the Omer Asik sweepstakes hype that have been going on the past few days.

I haven't seen any mention yet on other outlets apart from what clutch has mentioned.

I am not stupid I know Dave goes to games and does interviews so on and so forth.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Um, you do know Clutch is kind of a well-connected guy, right?

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

It is widely known here that Clutch has people inside the organization he knows. When he states something like that, it is assumed that he heard it from his source. Nobody questions it because you don't keep a source if you run around and tell everyone who he is.

10. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Thread title needs to be updated, it says (Deadline Dec 19th).

11. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

You do realize Clutch is considered a member of the media and has access to coaches, front office. ect.

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So is it the 19th or 20th? Or by tomorrow does that mean the 20th since It is technically already the 19th?

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Then what source are you asking?

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I have no clue what the deal is. I wouldn't be able to get that from conversations I had tonight. I believe however that the trade the Rockets are willing to do has been in place for a week or two... so my guess (and this is just a guess) is it involves Philly. A deal with Hinkie is probably one of the few things the Rockets would feel comfortable relying on... but again, just a guess.

Either you're offended because I asked people to keep this thread to actual news sources and not news regurgitators, or you don't know what I'm doing at the Toyota Center right now. I really don't care either way. The info is accurate.

1 person likes this.
  15. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Another day of refreshing this thread.

Damn ...

I'm off for today then. I think it'll only happen right at the deadline.

16. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Not clutch's source man. *Facepalm*

Maybe ESPN/Yahoo would know this and mention the change.

Like something that the "self imposed timeline" has been moved to Dec. 20th.

BTW nice interview with Bill Fitch a month back Dave I listened to the whole thing ;)

17. rocketblood713

Thanks Clutch!

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If we do the deal with Philly, I hope we get Furkan Aldemir back.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

[​IMG]

So, Daryl Morey just followed Paul Milsap on Twitter. For whatever that is worth. PLEASEEEE let this be true.

From reports, the Boston deal that was "in place" was not even close, as Bass wasnt included in any proposed deals with the Rockets.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I was told clearly it's still going to happen tomorrow (as in Thursday, Carl :)). How this came about is I asked for clarification on if the Rockets had until a certain time on Thursday or until midnight. That's when I was told the league actually informed the Rockets they have Friday to use as well. The deadline is not a "set" date... it's 60 days before the trade deadline, so I assume how they counted those days was off by one because they counted them in a different fashion.

The Rockets still plan to make the trade on Thursday because they've followed that timeline throughout.