1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Atlanta would want more than just asik for millsap.
    A buncha teams would give up more than that for him

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Best bet for us would be Hawes or Milsap, they full the needs, $$ makes sense, and also could very well be the final piece to this puzzle, especially Hawes

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Asik for milsap would be a fleecing.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny if it happens. I posted the possibility in Random Trades thread probably last summer, with the idea that there would be some collusion involved... :grin:

5. Possum

Possum Member

Nope it was just such a stupid post the person who wrote it is either a r****d or a stupid immature kid. So which is it?

6. mockster

mockster Member

I'm really only instrested in a Paul millsap or rajon rondo trade. Obviously Paul millsap trade feels like a better fit for us. If we do end up with Paul millsap another trade including Lin for rajon rondo would be nice but prolly unlikely. I've done a Boston + hawks + rockets and there are endless possibilities for us landing both rajon rondo and paul millsap but that's just a dream trade. Hoping for the best on the hawks deal.

7. Raven

Raven Member

On which side?

;)

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

rondo, millsap, lotto pick. besides that i'd be disappointed with some poo poo platter from philly.

i don't care how anyone thinks rondo will fit on paper. he's the best player available... and a legit all star / face of the franchise type player. great players find a way to play together. if you have a chance to get him, you go for it, whatever it takes (outside of harden, dwight, parsons).

9. basketballholic

Guys,

Asik is worth more than Millsap. You are getting it backwards. Asik is a 5, a top ten center, one of the 10 best defensive players at any position in the whole league. Millsap is a very good player. I like him a lot. But he's a 4. And there are a lot of good 4's in this league. There simply aren't too many 5's that are defensive stoppers.

It's a matter of supply and demand. Asik is worth more than Millsap.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

yep Asik BF confirmed

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I like the Milsap idea on its own merits. Not so sure I am fond of Smith and Dmo being our backup 5's though.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If we land Paul Millsap, it would essentially fortify our front court. At this stage, Millsap is much better than Jones mostly because he is so consistent.

If Rondo comes to Houston (Morey's miracle), there will be more than a ticket tape parade in downtown Houston in the next few years.

Our Dream lineup:

Howard
    Millsap
    Rondo
    Parsons
    Beverly

Make it happen Morey!

ps. Would Les pay the exorbitant luxury tax for the above line up?

13. basketballholic

Yes, Millsap is far superior to Jones at the 4 on both ends of the floor.

14. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Mike James released and a PG pulled up from D-League for Atlanta. Either of those mean anything for Asik trade possibilities?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bulls signed D.J. Augustin a few days ago and Atlanta called up Schroeder and sent down Jared Cunningham.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LOL, Bev and rando cannot be starting together, and rondo sure as hell cannot play the 3 lol. Did you somehow forget HARDEN?!

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Gasol/Hill killing Millsap/Hortford tonight.

Are we targeting the right Guy?

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Horford, an Arn Tellem client like Omer Asik and an open admirer of Asik as a front court partner, is clearly tanking this game to encourage Atlanta to trade Millsap for Omer.

19. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Let's say I have... What's the incentive to share here with the way Doc and cyberx were treated by the masses when they shared info? If I know anything I wait for it to become a reality, too many rumors have died at the last moment. No need to get worked up about what could be.

3 people like this.
  20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

No kidding. If I had inside info, I'd probably stick to twitter. They're much nicer on there, believe it or not.

1 person likes this.