1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Kyrie Irving having a horrible year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Irving had a great year last season, but nowadays, he's just been terrible on most nights. I've watched a few cavs games, and he just seems very passive and lethargic.

It's sad how John Wall is currently the best PG in the Eastern Conference with Rose/Rondo injured, and DWill declining.

Irving was supposed to explode this season, but now, most people are saying he's overrated.

His team is better than it was last year, so what gives?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

mike brown?

3. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Bad coach, terrible FO, he's probably thinking "why even try?" lol

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I don't know the situation very closely, but based on acquisitions they made (and especially since Bynum started to play), I would thought they'd be much better.

But you can't expect that from GM who couldn't win a championship with best player on the planet in 7 years. And then the Cavs hope LeBron will sign with them...lol

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

hes not actually that good?

is he? I don't follow him or really care that he lived in Australia for 2 months

pls play for us in oly pls

6. SK34

SK34 Member

john wall isn't as bad as people try to make it seem. he had the potential to be best Pg in the league.. His ceiling is top 5.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

He has no chance of being the best PG in the game, are people forgetting

CP3, Parker, Westbrock and soon to be Exum ;)

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dwill is the best non injured in the east. I love how he makes cp3 his b**** but then I get sad when cp3 abuses or pgs

9. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

D-Will is a F%$King joke now not even a factor no more

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Deron Williama has not been better than John Wall this season. Jeff Teague has had a better year than him also

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kyrie has really fallen down the stairs this year and his numbers are even worse than his rookie season. I believe it's because the Cavs team and organization are completely dysfunctional. They seem to be more talented this year yet they are still bottom-feeders, one of the biggest disappointments in the NBA so far.

Problem #1 was the huge blunder bringing in Mike Brown. He has no business being a head coach. It's all downhill from there.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Why are the Nets suddenly looking so much better since he came back from injury, then?

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

Kyrie was labeled a superstar overnight at the ASG last year. He's a good player, but he's not the man... yet. I think everyone (including the organization) made him out to be one of the top PGs in the league but he's not there yet. Also now that he has the label, teams are gameplanning around him more extensively.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

I said potential.

And came down w/ Exum. We have yet to see him in nba.

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

80% of the stars in NBA will be scrubs when they are required to play defense.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

As for Kyrie, it's an attitude thing, I think. Way too much hero ball. Brandon Jennings is looking for teammates much more than Kyrie is. I think that bad blood between him and Waiters is part of it, but there seems to be a diva thing happening that goes beyond that.

17. Nook

Nook Member

John Wall has physical skills that very few players have ever had. He is extremely strong, quick, fast, explosive and athletic. He physically can do things that no other point guard can do.

His issue is with the rest of his game. Will he shoot well enough? Will he learn to run an offense? Will he be competitive enough?

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That kid that walked on the court is in his head now

19. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Kyrie's head has gotten really big and that imbalance has affected his stamina and finishing ability.

20. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

it's a mental thing sometimes he doesn't seem enjoy himself or the game as much this season. He seems more frustrated this year than ever. There's a guy named Dion Waiters and him dont mix. I could tell Kyrie gets frustrated with the way he plays the game. Waiters is ball dominate and plays hero-ball.

Example: Kryie attacks breaks down the defense only to pass to waiters only for him to hold the ball and does his 1v1 iso lol

Waiters is a weaker version of Harden.