1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It's a entertaining card. Good matchups.

I don't know if anyone knows, but if you show up to the weigh in today, you get a free ticket to the fights on Saturday (San Antonio)

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Maidana owning broner through 6.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Broner getting destroyed LOL

Faking it.

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lol Broner aint no welterweight... he got no power

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

that fight was EPIC

broner just lol terrible fighter and cheap

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Update, he owned him 10 out of 12 rounds. Broner never felt power like that before.

7. egr281

egr281 Member

Thats what happens when a pretender meets a proven contender with a proven chin and power punch. Broners gonna be out of commission for a while, serves him right!!!

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Did he break Broner's jaw?

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/h2UwgTD1YVH/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i think he did. Also

[​IMG]

11. egr281

egr281 Member

Broners right side of his face was swollen bad. I think it is a broken jaw along with a broken ego

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/h2UiYbHBOdV/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Great night of fights. That Broner/Maidana fight was fun to watch.

Anyone hoping for Floyd and Pac fighting, might be waiting a long time. I mean think about it. Why would Floyd take the fight at this point?

If he doesn't take it, he's accused of ducking.

Say he takes it and beats Pac. It will be said he waited until Pac slowed down and wasn't the same feared fighter.

If he takes it and loses, basically all his wins get discredited somewhat.

It is simply not enough reward for him to take the fight now. The only time it made sense was when we all wanted it years ago. The risk was worth the reward. Now, it simply is not.

Pac would have to show something amazing again in his fights before taking on Floyd for the fight to mean anything...to Floyd.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

No one cares about Money v Pac anymore. It's Money v GGG at 154.

15. egr281

egr281 Member

Sorry but GGG has nothing for mayweather, they need to learn from what they did to canelo and give GGG more time to grow and gain experience

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Agree. There are no compelling fights for FMM. Pacquiao following his Margarito fight was the one, and I honestly think Floyd would have won.

Now? No one is ready to step in with Floyd. I can't think of one person READY. Plenty are willing, none are ready. Look at the guys most recently that gave Floyd any resemblance of a challenge: Cotto and Mosley. Both are very experienced and seasoned fighters.

Anyone else, Floyd has seriously made look like nobodies.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think those are weak excuse not to take a fight. Honestly, people find ways to discredit just about ever Mayweather win. So i doubt he cares about that. if he loses, thats a part of boxing. the great ones always come back. Even Floyd just said that to Broner.

You can not fight because you think you could lose. Thats a p***y mentality and i dont think Mayweather is thinking that. As for what reward? Are you serious? It's only the biggest fight ever in boxing that will probably gross up to $150M and shatter PPV buy numbers. There is plenty of reward. And if this fight is easy for him like many have said, should be his easiest, biggest payday ever. While adding one of the best fighters of this era to his resume

Pacman has to do something amazing to mean anything to Floyd? What the hell has Amir Khan done to get a Floyd fight? Same goes with Robert Guerror or Victor Ortiz. Manny is as deserving for a Floyd fight as much as anybody else in the golden boy camp. All this risk/reward crap is BS. This is boxing, not basketball. You have to take risk. Manny didnt have to give Marquez 4 fights, he did and ended up getting KO.

And rumor around boxing circles is that this fight is possible to go down in 2014. Now it could just be rumors but its from multiple sources so maybe there is hope. I hold more merit into those than when a promoter speaks up.

LOL it may not be what it once was, but the casual fans still want to see it. It is still the biggest fight in boxing and nothing else comes close. This is one of those sporting events when the whole world just stops and watches.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Supposedly, this guys source told him Pacquiao Mayweather was going down in 2014. He also said the same source told him about Floyd fighting Guerrero and Cancelo, both in which he did not believe but his sourced ended up being correct. Take it all with a grain of salt though

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VzgI29cjoz4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. dragician

dragician Member

Manny is only 5 6, and Floyd is 5 8. The pic looks like Floyd is ducking already. ;).

20. spydermex

spydermex Member

he shouldve fought the actual best at 154; lara or molina.
    but i understand, its a business, and those two dont bring the money of a canelo or cotto