1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe it's time for Rockets and Lin to part their ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 14, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I should do a post about Hardens defense. He is very much maligned. You are not to blame since everyone on this bbs has the same opinion. It is interesting that while Harden has had 486 opportunities to score he has only had to defend 251 times. Teams are definitely not going after him. And Harden boasts a 0.23 PPP differential between offensive and defense.

[​IMG]

2. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I was going to read it but I went into panic mode seeing how long the post is...

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is what Lin fans actually think lol

1 person likes this.
  4. steady

steady Member

Maybe it could have been said in fewer words, but what the OP says rings true to me. For whatever reasons, it is like watching a relationship ending .. watching Lin on the floor with the team the last two games --- you know, the phase where both sides have one foot out the door already.

The moments when Lin was a key part of this team ... like in that string of blowouts last winter, seems like SO LONG AGO. Doesn't it? But the Rockets are a much better team this year than last. Lin will find another team to play on which he is more suited for

No blame. No anger. Just the realities of the personnel.

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I agree

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What you said had nothing to do with what the OP said. You seemed to just assume that he said the same old LOF stuff.

7. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

proof? in any effing way do you have proof for this or just pulling this out of your ass. God the stuff Lofs like to believe.

1 person likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If Harden's assignment scores... but Harden didn't bother to attempt to defend him... does that count into the 251?

lol

9. Jovial

Jovial Member

I remember you put the same words in RealGM saying LIN is a scurb and argued with MKL/MR.E

Eveyone can label you as a LOH easily.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Hardens defense has improved to a point that you can now call him a good to a solid defender.

11. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

LOL.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lin has to focus on recovering his touch after the injury. And being stronger and making cleaner moves when he drives into the lane.

Reason refs are not calling fouls on his drives is mostly because of reputation. He falls so much even at slightest contact. Upper body strength so he can hold his own position while absorbing contact and then the refs will see it.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Start watching other players besides lin and you might actually see it.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't see which part of what the OP said is anything that hasn't already been said.

Everything I said is pointing out what the trend is, and this thread is just following the same trend.

This thread would not have been made had Lin played 32+ minutes the last two games.

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

looking at these numbers he is actually a solid defender.

do you have stats for other players? good find though

16. dragician

dragician Member

Thread of the year.

17. Solaris

Solaris Member

Yep, larv8 was warned by a mod there to stop with that crap. They don't tolerate this crap there.

18. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Send him back to NY, everybody's happy.

19. RRockets

RRockets Member

Dolan does not want to deal with JLin any more.

20. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

My goodness. Just because someone disagrees with you that doesn't automatically make them a crazy Lin fanatic. Seriously, this LOF stuff has gotten to you so much that even chuckling at the notion that Harden is a great defender (which most of this board would disagree with) has made you assume that the person is an LOF.

If I say Dwight's a poor free throw shooter, would you think I'm a crazy Lin fanatic as well?