1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Taking a look at Omer Asik Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2013.

1. SPBR

SPBR Member

If Asik is traded by Dec. 19, does it mean that the receiving team can trade him by the Feb. trade deadline to say OKC or Dallas? Any chance that despite Asik being traded to a team in the eastern conference, that he ends up back in western conference or a division rival?

2. Haharocket

Haharocket Member

Yes that could happen and then we would face the wrath of asik in the playoff :)

3. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Just curious what is Atlanta's goal as a team and organization?

Win a Chip?
    Make the playoffs,but be cheap?
    Make the playoffs,but gain younger talent?

I would try to get Horford if it was a trade like Asik+Jones+Pick for Horford. If not the idea of Milsap is starting to grow on me since he is always consistent and thats something we need at the PF spot is consistency.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

looks like morey did some talking to hinkie about giving up turner...:grin:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/13/report-sixers-considering-trading-evan-turner/

Evan Turner leads the Philadelphia 76ers in scoring this season — he’s still not a great shooter but he has a couple spots he can get to on the floor (along the baselines in the midrange) where he is solid, plus he is finishing better inside. He’s really a solid rotation player on most teams, just with the talent level in Philly he has to do more.

He’s in the last year of his contract and is putting up 20.3 points a game — he’s a guy looking to get paid next summer.

The Sixers are not sold they want to be the ones writing those checks, so they are testing the trade market, reports Jared Zwerling at Bleacher Report:

Two sources said the 76ers are worried about next summer’s contract demands of Evan Turner—who’s averaging a team-high 20.3 points per game—and they might want to find cheaper talent this season through a trade. Their target should be, according to one source, Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard Dion Waiters.

“They would trade Evan Turner for him in a heartbeat,” the source said. “Philly is starting over. Waiters works because he’s a second-year player on the rookie scale and under team control.”

I’m not sure Turner is going to find the market as lucrative as he thinks, but if the Sixers don’t plan to bring him back and they can get something for him now, why not go for it?

The Sixers appear to have found one building block for the future in Michael Carter-Williams (he’s still got to develop but is off to a great start) if Turner is not part of that future better to look for a piece that could be. Not sure Waiters is the answer, but he is affordable.

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

^that news has been out for some time now. Doesn't have anything to do with Morey.

6. Chamillionaire

Kanter and Alec Burcs

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, low efficiency SG/SF who takes too many midrange shots and hits like 26% from 3 point arc. Also due for a new contract this year. Does this look like a Morey guy?

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This. I could totally see Dallas doing this. They have Marion's expiring and Shane Larkin and jae crowder as young cheap assets

9. fattz

fattz Member

I like it

10. Raven

Raven Member

If Morey had a deal lined up with Philly or Boston, why wouldn't it have already happened? There are no restrictions on Asik, Bass, Hawes, or Thadeus Young. Millsap is the only guy who can't be traded until tomorrow, so either it's been him all along or Morey is waiting until the very last minute in the hopes that a fresh opportunity pops up.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Spike Eskin @SpikeEskin

It is obviously possible that the Sixers end up with Asik I guess, but seems way more possible the rumor exists to goad other teams.

9:48 AM - 14 Dec 2013

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i havent seen one where they mentioned waiters until now.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

so hinkie and morey colluding together so that other teams can get involved? to get picks ,etc.?...

14. jogo

jogo Member

Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters

for Asik, Dmo

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Didn't they recently get in a locker room heated discussion and nearly came to blows?:grin:

16. jogo

jogo Member

Well, then there's that...

I'd take Young and Wroten from Phi

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

Lin+Asik+Brewer
    =
    Carmelo+Shumpert

Beverly
    Harden
    Parsons
    Melo
    Dwight

18. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Danilo Gallinari would be sweet, even if he's still recovering from injury.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The available minutes are at back-up centre, Dmo's weaknesses are where he needs to be strong to play that position.

It is nothing to do with not liking him.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think if you read again, you'll see I wrote that the coaching staff doesn't like to play him. I didn't say they don't like him.

I understand he obviously has some weakness the coaches don't like, but Dwight has no reliable backup during Asik Pout Mode, and it screws up the rotation.

Dmo sucks so hard he can't provide a few more minutes at backup 4 and 5?