1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Taking a look at Omer Asik Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

A huge tell will be if any players sit out tomorrow.

And the trade checkers says Thaddeus Young for Asik works straight up.

Thaddeus Young or Millsap? Shouldn't the 6ers toss in a 2nd or something?

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This guy may be throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks ....

My magic 8 ball says he wont be traded before the 15th and any deal will be done by the 19th.

3. Raven

Raven Member

4. arjun

arjun Member

Lost all respect for Asik tonight. We needed him out there with Dwight in foul trouble....jones is getting eaten alive, dmo shouldn't be on the court....

Very selfish act by Asik...I understand he wants to start, but tonight he didn't have his teammates back

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Dwight 100% free throw baby

7. Raven

Raven Member

You mean you still had some? He's acting like a pouting unprofessional cat in heat. He didn't have to do all of this to get traded. It could have be done behind the scenes.

8. Raven

Raven Member

And this trade can't happen soon enough. Whatever goes down, I hope Morey announces that he's going to look for reasons not to make any more deals this year. The team needs stability. It's only Dec and they've already used up their allotment of distractions and drama.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

10. ejarts

ejarts Member

I hope no trade goes down. Keep Asik! We need him. Once the team defense starts showing up, it would be awesome. Our bench is good enough to be a diet first 5.

Don't do anything unless it's for Kevin Love or Aldridge. We really dont need another scorer.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Too late for this. The word is out and the hunt is on.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Haven't you been keeping up with current events?

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like Milwaukee and Cleveland both bowed out of the race today based on reports that they "Have no interest"….. which really means, they are out of the running or didn't want to give up everything Morey was asking for.

Phoenix might be a dark horse candidate to come up here in the next 48 hours that I'd watch out for. Their owner gave a few comments in an article today about wanting to win now, and even hinted that they might give up a 2014 pick to get quality players which probably made Morey faint just thinking about it.

Atlanta…. who knows. Only player I can come up with would be Milsap. Have a hard time seeing the Rockets doing a deal with Ferry cause Ferry will want a pick from Houston and Houston will want a pick from Ferry. That deal could be tough to get done.

Philly…. of course, but what would come back in the deal. Hawes & a pick? Hawes & another player ( Evan Turner, or Wroten?), Thad Young?

…………

Also, Keep an eye out for Morey to make a secondary trade here in the coming weeks to get Patrick Patterson back on the cheap. Ujiri will probably let him go for a second rounder if he gets the chance, and the Rockets don't really need that many more second round picks anyways with so few roster spots and the ability to find players like Covington, Greg Smith, & potentially Troy Daniels for nothing.

Patrick is a very solid team defender, and the Rockets desperately need a forward who can hit a shot. Could be a difference maker pickup if they don't get a PF in this trade.

15. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Did Morey and the other guys have his? N

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Is Thad really that much better than Jones though?

17. Raven

Raven Member

If Morey is only getting one player back, he's going to be a big man who can back up Dwight.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Very similar players from a physical standpoint, but Thad is a much more consistent player on both ends right now. Much better shooter and can score inside a little.

Bringing Thad Young really helps the rockets depth out a ton. You'll probably move Jones back to the backup 5 in a small ball lineup that can run the floor.

Still I have my doubts about Young being a target for Morey from both a contract standpoint and the duplication factor complicates it a bit. However yes the Rockets would be a better team right now with Thad Young if anything just adding depth, athleticism on the defensive end, and a little better shooting.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd do Asik and Lin for Hawes and Wroten. Don't think Hinkie would do it... Maybe if we throw in D-Mo?

I hate to give up on D-Mo. Ambidextrous seven-footers who can move are rare birds. But sheesh, sometimes, like last night, he just looks lost on the court.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But our coaching staff clearly doesn't like to play him.

Granted last night he did look like, if I may quote "Bull Durham", a "monkey ******* a football out there", but given minutes you think he'd be okay.