1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My prediction Lin will be traded between Dec 15-19 (make yours)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Dec 11, 2013.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Way to quote the whole post with a 3 word reply.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So Dolan throws away Linsanity on a moment of pique and/or gambled on placating Carmelo Anthony a.k.a. the Ballstopping Chucker, who didn't mesh with Linsanity upon return from injury.

Veeeeeery short-sighted.

By all accounts, everything I've read, Dolan is a clown. Granted that Chandler's absence has greatly hurt the Knicks, but, like the Texans, there's enough talent to accidentally win more than their current record shows.

3. JBar

JBar Rookie

D12Babymamas is no Nostradamus. He can't see things in the future. But he can hear things in the present.

I had thought that the combination of Lin's value for the Rockets, his balloon payment next year, and the excellent draft class next year would combine to make a trade of Lin unlikely.

But D12's and Justaguy's recent statements make me think that there must be trade offers involving Lin that the Rockets are at least considering.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Lin will only be gone if a star player is coming back in return. He would ber packaged with asik and a few others(even Parsons) for a star like Klove. Otherwise, Lin will remain a Rocket for the rest of his contract.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Why would the Wolves ever do an outragesly onesided trade like that?

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Exactly, which is why Lin will be a Rocket for the rest of his contract. He ain't going anywhere.

7. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Why do you want to trade Lin when he has much improved from last year, when he is the only other playmaking guard we have who can fire up the 2nd unit, some one who can give you 30+ points if Harden is injured, one who doesn't complain and when he means a lot of extra income for the Chinese connection (just look at all those Chinese ads in Toyota Center)? He is made to come off the bench even though he can start for many NBA teams. By the way, he is really not overpaid for a starting pg in NBA. Just look at Walls, Dragic, Evans, etc. So why you want him gone?

8. cw3k

cw3k Member

Just send Lin back to the Knicks.

Asik, Lin, Parson + picks for Melo + JR.

JR, Harden, Melo, Jones and Howard. I can already see a dynasty. Move over Heats and Spurs.

1 person likes this.
  9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Parsons aint going anywhere. They can have Lin and Asik, but the Knicks laugh pretty hard at that silly offer. Melo might be a black hole, but his value far exceeds lin and Asik.

10. Penetrate&Creat

Stop trolling pls

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Complete ball stoppage between Harden and Melo. Jones is still raw and JR is terrible. Howard will throw a hissy fit when the team loses. Game over.

12. pnr

pnr Member

[​IMG]

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Did I read JR Smith, Carmelo and dynasty on the same line?

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yep, the dynasty of underachieving and losing.

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I didn't read all the comments, but Danny Granger makes no sense. The Pacers need his expiring to retain Lance Stephenson this off-season. They will not trade Granger unless it's for another expiring.

16. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

If there are no hands on the broken clock then it's never right and if it's broken but still twitching then it might be right once a day but prolly gonna be wrong all the time.
    I think you mean, "Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day."

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It would be great to be rid of LOF's, but it would be awful to have jopatmc/basketballlholic actually predict something correctly for a change and be subjected to more of him.

So, I'd say, no Lin trade

2 people like this.
  18. basketballholic

right or wrong, not going to change what you get of me. I give what I want to give.

Are you the guy that kept crapping about J.J. Redick going to be a bust?? ;)

19. afk

afk Member

Poor Jones and Howard. They'll be foul trouble all season long. :(

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

this would be a disaster for the rockets...i can see melo and harden throwing punches about who is going to get the ball in iso for the last minute of a close game.

1 person likes this.