1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hempstead principal ban students from speaking Spanish

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Dec 3, 2013.

1. howo13579

howo13579 Member

2. da1

da1 Member

I didn't learn English until I was 6. You just learn it naturally once you have to speak it with other people and being in american society. That being said I don't particularly enjoy speaking it over any other language, but don't go out of my way to not speak any language in particular either. That doesn't make sense, if someone at HEB doesn't speak English help them out and speak Spanish what's the big deal. It's their choice if they want to learn English you can't force that on anybody in the end it's them who have to face the consequences.

3. howo13579

howo13579 Member

wow why getting all butt hurt? When did I infer Mexican a race? Yes I blame the media for overblowing racism against non white but never said it is against white. I've never said racial organizations can't exist. Black having organizations to fight inequality is a given and needed especially when the movement started 50 years ago. But it doesn't mean others can't celebrate their own CULTURE & HERITAGE. I had nothing to do with black fighting injustice. And for the record, I had know idea Stormfront = white supremacist site. Just amused that there was such a thing celebrating white pride. Look I'm not even white I'm just expressing how I see it. My best friend is Mexican and white mix. You're probably going to tell me Mexican aint race blah blah blah whatever. One of my coworkers is black whom I love working and hangout with. Yea but for some brothers, he's a cornball brother becuase he's an engineer and well educated.

Here is the truth you probably can't handle. We need to continue improving blacks education so that they have opportunity to be successful. But at some point it's not about fair or not fair anymore. They need to look at and ask themselves: Have I tried enough or have I been taking advantage of the system. I knew several students from Africa during college. We stayed at the same dorm with Kentucky football players during a summer work study while the players were there for training. The black players liked to make fun of their clothes, accent. It's all joke. But what disgusted me was that they started making fun of them for being hard workers and calling them ants. They had no idea how hard African blacks had to work to get scholarships and come to the states. There, fire away. call me whatever you want to call me.

Yes I'm from Kentucky where our football program sucks and the players had no respect for others. However I met Chuck Hayes, a real cool guy. Talked to Rondo who I thought was a nice kid. Anyway I'm not genralizing all black people. I just think some people still use their ancestors as their excuse for the situation they created by themselves.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Huh?

Didn't you say this?

I responded with what bothered me. You come off fairly young, ignorant, and angry. You're not telling me anything I haven't heard from ignorant, angry young people before. Your opinions aren't facts. There's no such thing as "white heritage". Mexicans aren't a race. And I can handle the truth just fine, you're just not providing much of any.

5. Nook

Nook Member

White Power!