1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin out 2 weeks with grade one knee sprain (UPDATE: Will return vs. Portland)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thesonofsam, Nov 29, 2013.

1. torocan

torocan Member

1. Yes, I'm a Knicks fan.
    2. No, I'm not here exclusively because of Lin. If anything, my initial interest was due to Morey. Lin and Asik further increased that interest sufficiently to make it worth participating in the forum. Harden further reinforced it.

My being a Knicks fan has nothing to do with my interest in the Rockets. I actually follow GM's more than individual players. I follow Masai Ujiri, Buford and Presti heavily.

For example, Ujiri's work assembling the Nuggets was fantastic. Buford has been amazingly consistent for over a decade. Presti has been a bit mixed in my view as of late... there's no way I would have traded Harden.

Daryl Morey is a Superstar in the analytics community. My interest started when he was the first Analytics GM to take over a NBA team. My interest was further piqued after he made the McGrady trade.

I also follow other analytics driven teams. Like Dallas starting in 2011, and Memphis in their hiring of Hollins and the subsequent Rudy Gay trade.

Lin and Asik were analytics Stars before the Rockets signed them. Harden was as well.

You know what they say about assumptions...

2. visible

visible Member

If you label other people LOF, then it's fair to label you as LOH.

yes, you are.

3. yummyhawtsauce

That's because it's ClutchFans. :D~

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I may disagree with King1, but to suggest that someone is a LOH means they signed on this message board specifically to bash Lin. King1 registered here on 2004 and has had many posts before Lin was a Rocket.

He isn't a LOH. He just hates Lin.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is no such thing as a LOH.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To be clear, you're over-scrutinizing Bev because you imagine people would over-scrutinize Lin if it were him... so you just need to be sure that Bev is criticized as much as you imagine Lin would be in the imaginary scenario that doesn't exist. For fairness' sake? I'm not even trying to be snarky -- the honesty of this actually tickled me lol. :)

7. fchowd0311

There are a select few posters on this board that have joined after 2012 that ONLY comment on Lin in a negative light. Either they are LOHs or just trolls trying to instigate LOFs.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Good. Gonna need him against Lillard. We're still one of the only teams who have beaten them so far.

9. Yellow

Yellow Member

Cool, AB was not really doing exceptionally well and we need all the shooting and penetrating we can get.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So you think a select few douche bags is worse than an army of LOF's with numerous websites, blogs, social media outlets, and thousands of clutchfan's accounts, who cannot help but be completely and totally biased and ruin any sort of reasonable discussion about any player on the team?

11. DL24

DL24 Member

hope he comes back and has a good start to the game, everyone knows mchale is gonna be looking to slash his minutes

12. SirKen

SirKen Member

Every time I read one of your posts, I feel better about myself.

Thank you!

13. fchowd0311

You stated there is no such thing as a LOH. I suggested otherwise. You moved the goal post. You might not be a LOH but you do have an irrational bias against him for some reason.

14. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I also hope Lin makes a good contribution whenever he gets back, but I don't know that McHale is looking to do anything other than try to win some games while developing his players.

15. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Chances are nothing's gonna change. McHale will play Lin the same way he did before he left.

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

This response sort of misses my point :(

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Ditto. And I thank my mom for raising me right :).

18. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

= I'm not saying your a 4 just that you're a whole number greater than 3 but less than 5.

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

And I'll be there in my #rednation tee!

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Well, technically people's interests can change. You could sign up for myriad reasons and those reasons don't have to hold up over time. Maybe his rage over LOFs is all-encompassing and he now only lives for the thrill of bashing Lin as a LOH. That's obviously not the case, but just pointing out a small wrinkle in your logic.

Also, who the heck is that EXACT with their definitions here? I see the terms LOH and LOF thrown around in every thread, and I guarantee you no one is using it in its most specific form ("Lin Only Fan/Hater"). They're just derogatory terms people use now in the GARM that really just mean "I am labeling you as someone I think is wrong and I think you are a moron". Might as well call people Dems or Republicans without actually inquiring or caring about their actual views on the subject...oh no wait, everyone does do that.