1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Taking a look at Omer Asik Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ejarts

ejarts Member

TJONES

Funny you b****es laughed at me back in summer for saying TJones have the potential to be great, Diet Scottie Pippen sort of. Who's laughing now? b****es.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Potential to be very good is more like it. Secondly, a players value isn't determined by 10 or 12 games.

So whatever you think has changed, it hasn't.

3. chff1

chff1 Member

4. dje243

dje243 Member

I was thinking this too. Not sure if Harden and Turner would be able to guard a 1 and a 2. But who knows, maybe it could work. Don't think we would get Hawes included though.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I like the idea of getting Hawes and Turner. It solves a couple of holes for us. Hawes could fill in as a superb backup center, and Turner could be a super sub for both Parsons and Harden. And if one of them were to get hurt, he's more than capable of filling in for them.

Something like this:

Houston gets: Turner, Hawes

Philadelphia gets: Asik, Motiejunas, Brewer and a 1st round pick as well as maybe a 2nd rounder.

They get a great defensive center, a good young prospect in D-Mo, a filler in Brewer and a couple picks. This trade helps them tank as well, and both of those guys' contracts are up after this season anyway.

Our lineup:

Beverley/Lin/Brooks
    Harden/Turner
    Parsons/Turner/Garcia
    Jones/Casspi
    Howard/Hawes/Smith

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Funny, but we "b****es" don't give a crap about your predictions then, or now.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You speak in such a convincing fashion. It's hard to believe that no one listened to you before.

1 person likes this.
  8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing that Omer Asik is changing his agent and joining No.1 agent Arn Tellem and No.1 Agency Wasserman Media Group</p>&mdash; Halil Can Pelister (@HCanPelister) <a href="https://twitter.com/HCanPelister/statuses/410472874185854976">December 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder if this is a knee-jerk reaction by Omer since he hasn't been traded yet.

Surely he realizes that he has to wait until Dec. 15 for a lot more trade options to open up.

9. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

He also does Not Play against Portland,I know it says he is injuried but I doubt it I remember him playing injuried and hurt last Year.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Arn Tellem is pretty big league. Seriously big league as agents go.

http://hoopshype.com/agents/arn_tellem.htm

43 NBA players before counting Asik, represents more NBA players than any other Agent in the NBA.

Expect some serious teams to get into the mix if Tellem is pushing him.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I imagine that Asik has been frustrated by his old representatives and their lack of ability to get him out of Houston.

Gotta think it will happen in the next week but I would kill for some sort of tangible update to chew on. It isn't as bad as waiting for D12 but still checking about every 5 min.

12. bongman

bongman Member

[​IMG]

Excitement is killing me. I wanna hear the SPASH!!! :p

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nah, I'm sure he knows the time's arrived.

Getting a big league agent is smart.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i want Giannis! I want Giannis NOW!

1 person likes this.
  15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Of course he knows. Most likely he wants to make sure his next contract is better and more secure.

What's interesting is that his new agent also represents LMA...

16. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I'm actually still laughing, except now it's at how big of a douche you are.

17. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't think Morey is after that significant player right now. He needs to get rid of Asik because Asik put him in this situation. Therefore, Morey will be looking for assets that can be traded at the deadline when he really goes for the kill.

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

"....has the potential...," not "have..." Write in correct ******** English, for starters.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Maybe he wants a more powerful agent who can push for certain destinations. Screw him. And his previous agent was good enough to get him a very nice contract, but business is business, right? What a douche.

In any case, how about this?

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6375533

Ekpe Udoh and Giannis Adetokunbo for Asik?

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

If it comes with a first round pick, I'll take it immediately. Neither player will have significant impact right now, but they are usefull backups. Giannis is a work in process and has the potential to evolve to a really nice NBA player. Morey can sweeten it with D-Mo or some of the Euro assets.