1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the Rockets miss Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeyu, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just saying he looks sad. Sad on the bench, sad at the holiday party.

Not as sad/mad as Omer though. Look at Dwight's Instagram and you can see Omer looking bummed.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Since Harden's averaging like 40 minutes per game and Bev like 35 mpg, I think McHale should cut 3-4 minutes for each of them to give some minutes to Brooks. Lin's averaging like 30 so when he comes back you can even cut a couple of his minutes if Brooks has it going

3. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Not saying anyone is better than our superstar Harden, but if Harden was out and it was Lin and the same line up in we would also go 5-0.

Harden out: 5-0
    Parson out: 5-0
    Lin out: 5-0

This is how deep we are. Maybe not the best but we have options. Only one we need is Dwight. Those 20+ rebounds per game from him cannot be replaced by anyone.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

If you think this way... The 2 games we lost we might have won those if Lin was playing. And its hard to believe that we'd lose the games we won if Lin played. So yes, we missed Lin.

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I think he's definitely expendable. I'd much rather have Aaron Brooks in the backcourt with Harden with less than 3 minutes left.

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Wow lots of people don't Lin in a rockets uniform here... unbelievable SMH...

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Come again Morlock O

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

How was Lin going to stop Hayward who won the game for them or Trey Burke if Bevn struggled with him?.W lost to the Jazz because of our disgracefull defense. The same with the Suns game.Offense was not a big issue hence Lin wouldn't have made that much of the difference if lin played or not.we played with that crappy mindset that finally even wokeup Harden to that fact.

If we played those two games with the defensive mindset of the last two games we would have with or without Lin.

9. deedee82

deedee82 Member

i think he meant to say not too many people LIKE Lin in a Rockets uniform here.

odds are i'm correct looking at the earlier posts :rolleyes:

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Maybe Lin Fans are nuts and expect everyone to be gushing over him like they do?. Harden gets murderd here, Dwight gets roasted here and even guys like Yao and Tmac got roasted. The problem is Lin fans are to sensitive.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you mean insecure.

I actually have more faith in Lin than any of the Lin fans ever did.
    I do believe he has faults, and that's fine, he's not suppose to be LeBron or Jordan or Dream.

Yao and Tmac fans had stronger faith in the hero than Lin fans do. Tmac fans and Yao fans never really feared he would be benched or traded (at least in the early part of their Rockets career).

Lin fans want to make it about race, completely forgetting that Yao was Asian before Lin was even born.
    And if it was about race, why the hell is no one talking about other Asian dudes that were duds? Yi JanLian? That dude sucks.

You see Spiegel,
    if you go on Clutchfans and trust the real posters like Clutch or BimaThug, your belief will be rewarded by knowledge and that fact you are amongst pure Rockets fans.

The greatest Rockets fans on this planet, with Clutch City in their hearts.

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Thanks! I was typing too fast lol...

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't agree here. Just because Yi is not a star, a starter as hyped does not mean he sucks at being a basketball player.
    He could probably play in Europe and is one of the best Asian players.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

He sucked majorly in the NBA. Matt Bullard would drop 55 points on him.

He played no D, and just jacked up jumpers. Plus he was no good at it.
    Hence he couldn't even be a bench player in Dallas.

15. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

You really think this is a legitimate thread? Anymore than the Trade or Bench Harden/Bev/Howard threads? This is a baiting thread and people got baited. If you're saying that a lot more people get pissed off at a Lin thread like this, that's reasonable.

Your comment would make more sense if someone commented on Lin's turnovers/defensive lapses and people reacted wildly.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I think everyone already assumes that its relative to other NBA players. Yi was an odd one, he had some great games against Spain in the Olympics, had a good midrange jumper, good length all that, but I remember Yao saying something to the effect of him just not giving a **** at all.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

That dude sucked in the NBA.
    You see the object is to get the ball in the basket, he sucked at it.

I can't believe they thought he would be Yao's equal.

Yi's jumper had a name, it was Yuck

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say the same things about Spanoulis although he tried.

One was the King of Europe, Tmac of Greece and the other won everything in China.

Some falter because of physicality (Yi) and some because they can't adapt to the American way of living (Vspan).

but guys like Tony Parker, Gino, Splitter.... developed because someone trusted them
    That was Pops and the SA organization. It takes a lot to integrate a 19 year old into a working system and make him a champion.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He won't even be in the NBA if he couldn't score at all.
    You probably never watch FIBA or international games so I won't blame you there.
    He could score in FIBA games with the National team although he was no Yao.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah thats what im saying, relative to NBA players he sucked the fat one, just didnt seem to have a motor at all, I'm pretty sure he was like 5 years older than what he was listed