1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight isn't "thrilled" with PG situation.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Lowry next?
    New Raptors front-office boss Masai Ujiri has managed to trade away Andrea Bargnani and now Gay over the past six months to create financial flexibility going forward and -- with Toronto apparently determined to avoid any accidental success in the Atlanta Division -- is said to be happy to surrender veteran point guard Kyle Lowry next. ESPN.com -

If a asik is will be move for picks without taken big salarys in return, maybe Morey create salary space to bring Lowry for a second

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Wait, and why would we want Lowry? I mean, besides the obvious reason that we are lacking the most depth at the PG position /end sarcasm.

3. quatin

quatin Member

Bets on when Lowry goes bonkers on getting traded back to Houston under McHale again?

Let's start Bev over Lowry. LOL, I almost want this to happen just to see the reactions.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lowry and McHale don't exactly like eachother andi don't see a reunion on the cards .As for this thread, after the Suns or Warriors game Dwight again stated that Bev is the leader of this team on the floor after saying the samething during the preseason. This to me indicates he probably told McHale Bev is the better option to start.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I hope that D12 didn't make those comments? I would take PBev hounding the best PG's in the WC (Westbrook, Paul, Curry, Lillard, Ellis, Parker, Conley, Dragic, Burke, etc..) every night. Dwight is misaligned with his understanding of how championships are won with defense. The Rockets lucked out by not trading Horry and now have Tjones doing some of the similiar things that Horry did in the past.

DH12, make your free throws, rebound, and block shots and the winning will take care of it's self. Trying to live up to Shaq's mandate of 28 and 15 is not going to happen, however, an 18 and 15 everynight is doable with 4 blocks, and 70% from the line.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wouldn't really like the constant turnover at the PG spot if the incoming PG's are all on the same 2nd tier level. If they are going to make another change, I think it needs to be for a clear cut upgrade to all-star level.

Also if there are high upside young PG's available in the draft and small trades, I wouldn't be shocked if Morey starts loading up that position with more upside later on. Canaan looks to have some upside but I think this will be one of the pet projects moving forward that Morey will really focus on.

7. quatin

quatin Member

Frankly, we have a PG problem, so I welcome thoughts on getting a true PG somehow. None of our PGs are actually good PGs. Worse yet, we have a collection of 3 undersized PGs that cause defensive rotation problems.

Lin is actually the best shot creator/distributor in our collection and even then he's a better SG. We can make do with two tweener guards running the point (Harden/Lin), but in the end we should always be looking for a true PG to take over.

If we genetically infuse Beverlys defense, Brooks shooting ability and add 3 inches of height we have a back up SG again. Independetly, they're a liability on any given night. If James gets hurt or has an off night, we have to rely on Beverly to create for the team when Lin is off the floor. If Brooks 3 shot is off, he won't over come his lacking defense.

I haven't seen much of Cannaans game, but it looks like he's an undersized shoot first PG as well. It would be nice to get him some minutes to see what he develops into.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If he would hit his freethrows, dude could get pretty close to that mandate 28 points. He is getting 15 boards a game.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Kyle Lowry is available.

10. pnr

pnr Member

I don't think he'd be okay with backing up Beverley. Plus, he has beef with McHale.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As long as McHale is here Lowry not coming here

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The rockets are not going to win or even sniff at a championship with Beverly at the helm. Ain't going to happen and Dwight knows it.

13. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

WTF!Why did you bump this thread, does Dwight want Lowry?

14. Drphil

Drphil Member

What does size have to do with a good PG?

Aside from the fact that Chris Paul is smaller than all three of them, Jeremy Lin is an above average size PG in the league.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I disagree when people say we can't win a chamipionship with Beverly. Y not, Mario Chalmers has 3. Who was Dallas's PG when they won in 2011. Tony Parker is the only great PG that I can remember winning a ship. I will take Pbev's D and rebounding over his offensive 3 pt shooting.

16. pnr

pnr Member

His name is Beverley.

Chalmers had the best player in the NBA on his team and you cannot compare Bev to Jkidd.

17. Drphil

Drphil Member

Stat hungry PG's don't win championships. Usually teams where PG's work in the background do.

18. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

and why not? The last three starting pg that won a championship were mario chalmers, jason kidd, and derek fisher. And bev and lin are.both better than them. In fact, bev and lin are better than all the of the pgs who have played on those.teams

19. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

So you're alluding to............what?

That Toronto and Houston swap Lowry for Lin?

And as for whether Lowry likes/does not like McHale that's a personal issue for him. Lowry goes wherever he gets sent to. He gets paid a lot of money to stand a few months of pain and then he can hit FA

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

OLD THREAD!