1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hard to root for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nextup, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Is Harden hard to root for

1. yes

31.3%
  2. no

68.7%
  1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

And if your looking for role models on the basketball Court goodluck to you my Freind

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Can you imagine the uproar if we had been blown out by 24 points, and Harden put up 32 points 0 assists with most of those points coming after we were already down near 30 with his opponent putting up higher than season average on every stat but turnovers and minutes?

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm starting to wonder about Houston fans. The Texans fans were dicks to the quarterback, now a large number of Rockets fans are being dicks to the players, basically. You've got Texans players telling the fans to step off. The fans are looking low class. What's going on? Houston didn't use to be like this.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Texans are a whole different story. The Rockets are about a tier 2 team (if everything clicks and luck/trades happen right, mayyyybe) and have said the Conference finals is about their goal for year 1, a realistic goal.

whereas the Texans were citing a superbowl having been nothing more than an inflated by easy draw team last year, and instead became the worst team in the nfl. To add insult to injury there, they've managed to be the 3rd best defense and 11th best offense on the way (to put this in comparison, Seattle is #1 defense and #12 offense and SF are #4 defense and #28 offense), but have been flat out decimated by Matt 'pick 6' Schaub. If the Texans had for example, Alex Smith, a guy not known for greatness but is a very low TO game manager (who gets paid less than Schaub), they could probably be 8-5 and winning their division.

#404 Aleron, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  5. MichaelG281713

Rockets fans aren't turning against Harden. It's the LOF's.

They want to run everybody off the team that's a better option so he can shine and lose on his own.

6. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

can't help it. must compare harden to omar rodriguez lopez and post video of omar rodriguez lopez jamming!!! I love both these guys, they are the two most influential artists in my life. I watch harden play basketball while I play guitar and learn mars volta songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Er0MpnG4Do

7. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Because I have to ride Harden’s dick to be a Rockets fan? Fyi I don’t care if he’s the biggest jerk as long as he produce on the court. I just don’t want my kids to look at him as a role model like someone suggested and mentioned raping was ok as long as you’re a great player.

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

no just emphasizing how stupid it is to say you can rape as long as you’re a good player. Though I’ve always believed Kobe was the victim of distortion, also I happen to enjoy strip club very much and find no wrong with it.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You lack reading comprehension.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wait, let me guess: either 1) you're Sarah Palin, or 2) you're not old enough to vote. (You don't have kids.)

11. howo13579

howo13579 Member

lol almost made me spit coffee but I still found it offensive that you assumed I was Sarah Palin. Going to have my first kid in 5 months and cannot wait.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

All right, well consider the name "Harden," for boy or girl. It sounds like a soap star or country music singer, which trendy baby names usually do. And no strip clubs! Peace.

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

First off, who cares as long as we're winning?

Second, There are plenty of stars who could learn from role players as far as maturity and dealing with the media.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Vernon Maxwell and Robert Horry were not the best of role models.

Hakeem before becoming a Muslim was a thug. You tell me what fans remember?

Straight up tired of all these Lin fans and their holier than thou idolization of Lin. Makes me feel sorry for him because he's probably a cool dude with crappy fans.

#414 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Its hard to root for non Asians in general.

16. howo13579

howo13579 Member

damn I don't want my kid's first name to sound gay. Or can "Harden" boost a boy's pride?

17. Remii

Remii Member

That's because a lot of these Rockets fans who are screaming that George is so much better than Harden are looking in somebody else's yard thinking the grass is greener (probably don't even watch Indiana games). Let Harden jack up 30 shots and have only 3 assist and they lose _ these fans would want to lynch him.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Amen.

Hey Linners, check this out:

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

1 person likes this.
  19. Play07

Play07 Member

we know you’re a big harden fan & he can do no wrong in your book from what I’ve saw from most of your post, I’m a rockets fan and harden too, I give credit when its due, the dude brought something special to the organization last year and is here for 5 more years on flexible max contract not too big, not too small. But if someone questions certain things effort, defense etc & it can be a valid reason to do so, no player is perfect and that’s what people do on blogs, state their views. Every player catches heat in the NBA its ok bro.

but I’ve noticed that you are obsessed with the LOF term and with lin fans. its like its has the ability to ruin your day or something & I would also question if your statement saying he seems “like a cool dude” because from what I’ve saw you always talking down when his name is brought up & nothing positive.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

This is unacceptable

The LOF's really are poisoning the Fan base.....I would argue that no other fan base is as unappreciative of their best player/superstar (once again not real Rockets fans but the growing LOF menace). Now not saying Harden is untouchable but there is a BIG difference between deserved criticisms(on the court, off the court i couldn't care less unless its a crime) and blind hate and disrespect to a player who has changed the franchises fortunes for the forseeable future. Its really disconcerting.