1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers a "viable destination" for Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Dec 8, 2013.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

watching the lakers game right now and amir johnson is lighting it up...gotta wonder about amir which i don't know much about, but i guess he is a center since he is guarding pau. he is one hell of a backup center.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Misleading title and already posted, but sure enough, clutchfans still puts up 4 pages on the subject..

1 person likes this.
  3. NotChandlerParsons

He's more of a PF. He was pretty solid last year.

4. NotChandlerParsons

That said, he can't space the floor at all = we're not interested.

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

if the trade with Hinkie is true then which means Morey has a bit hard time on trading Asik thing.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This makes the most sense. Maybe Philly should throw in some sweetener. Asik is by far the best player among the four guys.

I am with the camp that we need Hawes more than Young. A dependable backup center is very important.

7. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Deng>T. Young

8. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

And DMO is the most crappiest player of the 4.

9. thejav

thejav Member

fixed for team need and salary wise..

10. Play07

Play07 Member

I'm not familiar with young, but from what I've saw has a jones type game that's more experienced & polished ?? can someone help me out here?

- so if Morey gets him I'm guessing he is still trying to handle the PF spot just in case jones slacks off, and young will be more ready for a playoff run ?

- 2 he is going to use one for a trade package ?

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Sixers fans think the Rockets need to throw in a pick to trade Asik for Young. I don't know which fanbase is overvaluing their own player here, but just goes to show you the descrepancies in players evaluation between people.

I just don't think Young is the best fit because he can't be subbed in for Harden nor Parsons. I still like Turner as a possibility, especially his ability to create. Turner and Hawes would work.

Also potential possibility is Cleveland. I wonder if Varejao+stuff may work here.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

http://forums.philly.com/discussions/Sixers_Forum/General_Sixers_Chat/Asiks_top_3_destinationsNEW__HOT/kr-sixers/68417.1?nav=messages

i just found this trying to find a sixers forum and see how they feel about things. idk if this guy is credible or wtf; maybe he is like docrocket without the riddles? but its interesting none the less.

#72 BigMaloe, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  13. psingh34

psingh34 Member

clearly people dont care that this has been already posted .. not the end of the world if there are two separate discussions on the same thing

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Find a way to get Turner. Flip Turner, Lin, Jones plus pick for Love.

15. basketballholic

Well, Boston has a TPE from the Paul Pierce/KG deal. So they wouldn't have to send out a red nickel of salary to acquire Asik. So he doesn't seem real credible to me.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I already liked the other guy's plan, but yours is even better. :grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Md0LvQ9gANc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Thanks for the info.

Toronto could be Morey's target. If we could get Derozan for Asik we would be set

Derozan can backup Harden/Parsons.

18. MONON

MONON Member

I don't understand Asik for Young. Young isn't going to start over TJ or CP25 & he isn't going to be any happier than Asik with the 2nd unit. CFs weren't happy paying Asik 8.3 M back up money, but y'all seem to be ok with paying Young 8.8 M to do the same thing. :confused:

19. Raven

Raven Member

Asik and a 2nd for TY? Whatever. I think something else will bobble to the surface. It's understandable why Morey would prefer a first round pick, since so many of these players either aren't a significant upgrade or their contracts are too long.

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I brought up Thad last year around trade deadline in the GARM and got crucified for it!!! Now everybody want him:confused::confused::confused::confused: