1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 12/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

harden plays real good one on one D when a player is trying to post him up, I think he's better at guarding a SF "bigger guys" that like to post or ISO, hunk he struggles with smaller guys who like to run around. He did good in playoffs on ibaka last year so it makes sense

2. NBA_Bui

NBA_Bui Member

3. verysimplejason

Mmmm... Would you say the same thing if it's Lin? I've seen you bashing him even while performing good during wins. As for Bev, he's a very good fit/starter with Harden. Defense would and should be his first and second priority as a starter. Scoring 10 pts per game would just be icings on the cake as long as he can held the opponent PG/SG assist/points below their average.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

He also played good D on Lebron James of all people in some games versus the Heat. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

5. novaman

novaman Member

Yeah, it sounds like Clyde is a bit biased, but isn't that what the backstory on Lin has been about his whole basketball life?

6. novaman

novaman Member

....and unfortunately Bev hasn't been exactly accomplishing that lately

7. Remii

Remii Member

QUOTE=Htownballer38;8498093]I didnt bring up PG in this thread you did joker. What's up with the damn cheap shots. So you saying we cant complain about our team around here. You also complain about Lin's game so are you saying you were brain dead then pimp.

You tripping off one game how about the rest of the Pacers games. LOL[/QUOTE]

I really have no complaints about Lin. You have me confused. But Howard _ different story...

And you keep thinking PG is better homie :)

8. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

I really have no complaints about Lin. You have me confused. But Howard _ different story...

And you keep thinking PG is better homie :)[/QUOTE]

Dude stop Paul George is still better than Harden

9. Remii

Remii Member

But Beverley hasn't necessarily been shutting down opposing point guards and are holding them below their average in points and assist... Has he...?

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

In the playoffs, Harden does try a lot harder, like a lot of players do. I don't think one can extrapolate playoff basketball to the regular season when it comes to comparing Harden's effort level.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Dude stop Paul George is still better than Harden[/QUOTE]

If you say so buddy... Everyone is welcome to an opinion even if it's wrong...

12. verysimplejason

It can be the PG or SG depending on who gets the switch. You should watch the game more. There are lots of switching of defensive assignments between Bev and Harden that's why he's not accidentally better in defense when operating the backcourt defense with Lin.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And you keep thinking PG is better homie :)[/QUOTE]

They are very close home boy, very very close and what difference does it matters.

You are not the only Harden fan here either. I am very happy the Beard is on our team.

Get over the nonsense bruh. real talk

14. figment

figment Member

15. Remii

Remii Member

They are very close home boy, very very close and what difference does it matters.

You are not the only Harden fan here either. I am very happy the Beard is on our team.

Get over the nonsense bruh. real talk[/QUOTE]

Well backup off me about other stuff you read in another thread on a specific topic homie and we won't have that issue :)

16. PeppermintCandy

Wow, Lin has not played in over a week and the game thread is still all about him. So depressing.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Seeing how you assume you're the only one who watches games... I'll take your word for it. PGs and SGs score all of their points on defenders switching... Gotcha...!!!

18. verysimplejason

I guess when I said to watch the game "MORE", it means I'm assuming I'm the only watching the game? LOL!

19. yummyhawtsauce

LOL! this made laugh.

20. tonman

tonman Member

I think hardenisaboss likes bev because he doesn't take the offense/spotlight away from harden like lin can...